Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2016 08:00

Will there be an Impact to the provisioned storage during the Power cycling of a Storage Controller in XtremIO

Due to an issue(Two SAS lanes were shut off)  with SAS port on one of the controller in X1, Customer Support advised us to arrange CE access for Power Cycling the Controller on X1. Need Suggestions on any Impact to cluster services and Storage provisioned from this cluster during Power cycling event. I believe there wont any impact as the other controller will be up and running along with all other controllers on other Xbricks. Correct me if i am wrong here.

727 Posts

September 16th, 2016 13:00

You are correct. Power Cycling one of the controllers of the X-Brick should not have any impact on the array services and storage that has been provisioned from that array.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 16th, 2016 13:00

everything will be available but response time does go up (a couple of ms) when SC are being rebooted.  I have seen that multiple times so if you application is supper response time sensitive, schedule accordingly.

September 17th, 2016 00:00

Same as Dynamox, peaked a couple of ms for the duration which basically amounted to no impact.

15 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 15:00

Service still available but there would be performance degradation, also in several configuration would be risk of DU and the prepare jobs are described in kb486531

https://emcservice--c.na16.visual.force.com/apex/KB_How_To?id=kA5j0000000TO4j

No Events found!