Code of Conduct
If you’re here to get help, we recommend you make it as easy as possible for others to help you. Here are some guidelines which some find helpful, and remember that our community is made possible by volunteer contributors and Superusers.
If your product is still in-warranty, you will be serviced by a Dell agent as soon as possible. If you're asked for a service tag, please provide this number and your post will be routed to a Dell agent immediately. Want help finding your service tag? Please watch this video.
If you’re here to help others, please do so in good spirit and with positive intentions. Even if those intentions include your becoming the Lord of the Badges, please participate in our community with an understanding that we are all here to help one another.
Be inclusive and respectful. and please avoid sarcasm when able. Utilize gender-neutral language when uncertain whom you're corresponding with, and always advise us of anyone abusing the community by flagging and/or reporting content. Please don't put anyone down or be negative on their attempt to attain help. If a situation makes it hard to be friendly, we recommend you stop interacting and move on.
No name-calling or personal attacks.Focus on the content, not the person. We don’t tolerate any language likely to offend or alienate people based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion — and those are just a few examples. Use stated pronouns (when known). When in doubt, don't use language that might offend or alienate.
No harassment.This includes, but isn’t limited to: bullying, intimidation, vulgar language, direct or indirect threats, sexually suggestive remarks, patterns of inappropriate social contact, and sustained disruptions of discussion. Dell reserves the right to remove your profile and content without advising you and with immediate effect should you be found in violation of the latter.
You may not use your registration / membership (or allow anyone else to use your registration membership) to post or transmit any of the following:
- Any content that is destructive, purposely divisive, abusive, profane, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening or that which may disclose private or personal matters concerning any person. This includes, but is not limited to: language, information, or images. The usage of profanity, including character substitution or abbreviations is strictly prohibited. Any content that is threatening, defamatory or abusive, either between forum members or directed towards a Dell Technologies moderator, or a Dell Technologies employee or manager.
- Spamming another users thread is prohibited. Doing so will only exacerbate their situation. We define spamming as you posting the same or similar message on multiple user threads.
- "Rants", "slams", legalistic, or legal threats against Dell Technologies or another company or competitor is strictly prohibited
- Political or religious statements or commentary as well as bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive comments are deemed violations of conduct rule number 1 and will result in your account being removed in addition to any content related and deemed in violation of rules of conduct with immediate effect.
- Any and all material(s) you do not have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
- Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals. This includes advertising links in signatures.
- You will not impersonate any other person or submit content on behalf of any other person or entity
- You will not submit content in exchange for payment or consideration received from any third party
- You will not collect information about other site users without their consent.
- You will not submit any content that:
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity
- Intentionally interferes with the site’s operation
- Violates any person’s privacy or publicity rights or breaches any duty of confidentiality that you owe to anyone or provides any non-public information about Dell Technologies or any other company or person without authorization (including the names and contact information for Dell Technologies employees and site users)
- Strictly prohibited are any and all file(s) or link(s) containing viruses, corrupted files, Cyber Security threats or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage other users computers. Submission of these such materials will result in an immediate user ban and may, dependent of jurisdiction, result in legal actions according to the origin country’s laws on internet privacy.
- Strictly NO content containing false or deceptive language, unsubstantiated or comparative claims regarding our or other products, third party advertising, spam, chain letters, legalistic, legalistic solicitation will not be tolerated and will therein be removed with immediate effect.
Further, links that connect to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solution or part of an “affiliate” program as determined by Dell Technologies at its sole discretion.
- Also not allowed:
- Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
- Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters
- Personal phone numbers or addresses (to protect privacy)
- Service Tag numbers should not be posted publicly, these would be requested by Dell Technologies employees and would happen via Private Message only
- Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers, or other contact information that is not your own, including, but not limited to Dell Technologies and Dell-EMC employee's email addresses
- Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines
- Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity, including, but not limited to, Dell Technologies.
In addition, our guidelines do not permit you to:
- Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site
- Interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including but not limited to mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
- All users are prohibited from selling, buying, or trading of any kind. These activities are entirely forbidden.
- Evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from Dell Technologies and Dell-EMC moderators or administrators. Dell Technologies and Dell-EMC Moderators and/or Liaisons may at any time and without prior notice: edit your post, remove any posted message or thread, delete words that violate these guidelines from posted messages, or ban your account for violating the above reasonable provisions. Please remember that you are responsible for all statements made, and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password.
We created this Code of Conduct because it reinforces the respect that we expect from one another. This helps us ensure that everyone on the Dell Community has the most positive experience available and possible. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us directly.