Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 8th, 2010 19:00

Application windows percent on Web-it/Secure-it

Is there  a way to configure the publish application/desktop windows size using the client/host dekstop percent instead a fix size (i.e 85% of the desktop)?

Got a client that is migrating from Citrix and would like this feature.

thanks

Tony M.

October 11th, 2010 09:00

Hello,

As far as I know, this isn't currently possible.

I'd recommend raising a case with Support to raise this as an official Enhancement Request.

Thanks, Andrew.

P.S You posted in the Community Information and Feedback section rather than vWorkspace so this is why no one replied

3 Posts

October 11th, 2010 11:00

Hey there,

Moving this over into the vWorkspace discussion area

-Daryll

173 Posts

October 11th, 2010 13:00

vWorkspace Web Access can do any customer resolution for the display of a session should that should help you as well.

17 Posts

October 13th, 2010 16:00

None of our clients currently have the 'Percent of Screen' setting but it is being evaluated/considered for a future release or our Connectors/Web Access.

29 Posts

October 14th, 2010 22:00

As mentioned, we do not present a fixed percentage of screen display option but CAN provide  'Smart Sizing' of the display window, where scrollbars are eliminated from the display window and the window can be sized to any desired width and length. Because this 'Smart Sizing' is always a fractional portion of the full screen, the user may see color aliasing within the display. IF this aliasing is so pronounced or objectional to the user, then the alternative would be to select the 'CUSTOM SIZE' and configure it to the desired percentage of the user's total disply:

Snap2.jpg

17 Posts

October 18th, 2010 13:00

Just because I know the environment that Tony is working in, there is no 'set/standard' resolution in place with his customer (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x800 1440x900, ETC).  He needs the 'Percent Size of Screen' due to the fact of so many different resolutions in use.  'Smart Sizing' is ok, if you do not mind the aliasing which Terry mentioned as you increase/decrease the size of your screen, depending on how much you are Smart Sizing.  Setting a custom resolution would work fine if there was a standard screen resolution in place as well.  Unfortunately, with Tony's case, neither of these hints will work for him or his customer and they are looking for a true 'Percent Size of Screen' as they have been using.

173 Posts

October 18th, 2010 13:00

That is  what I meant Terry. In some ways it is even better than 'a percentage of' settings in my mind because it allows you to use the entire width of your screen but make the horizontal resolution slightly less (do deal with the start bar for example).

173 Posts

October 18th, 2010 17:00

Ah. that makes sense.

No Events found!