Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 10th, 2012 17:00

DV Smart Card USB Redirection not working

We have a client who needs to use his dutch bank smart card from ING on a Virtual Desktop. Looking at the software it is a smart card from Gemalto.

We have configured the VM as instructed here

In the registry in the SCHookList we put 'RegTool.exe,GslShmSrvc.exe,GSToolBox.exe'

These are the programs and service that is used but are not sure there is more.

We have tried and searched but can not get it to work. Is there anybody that has some experience with the ING Card Reader (Gemalto) and DV Smart Card USB Redirection?

December 12th, 2012 14:00

Dear Jose,

First of all thank you for your reply.

I did not know that SCHookList was only for Windows XP. As you adviced I will remove all the settings from the Windows 7 VM.

I knew I had to install the software also on the local machine because I setup the software before in combination with Citrix XenApp.

I did the same with with Quest DV. Installed the software on the local machine and on the VM but it is very slow and when trying to logon to the ING website it does not work. Looks like its much to slow. In the Gemalto client it takes minutes to see the certificates on the card.

As I noticed ING delivers a very old version of the Gemalto software. Version 4.

I allready installed a newer version, 6.1, on the VM. A logical consequense would be that I have to install it on the local machine too I would think. Or does that not matter?

Best Regards,

Dieter Lohuis

13 Posts

December 12th, 2012 14:00

Hello Dieter,

The configuration on the virtual machine that you have referred only applies to Windows XP virtual desktops and very specific smartcard applications that are unable to work using the virtual channel for smart card redirection.

I advice you to proceed as follows:

1.- Install smartcard drivers in the client computer, verify the ING Card reader is operational and perform smart card transactions

2.- Install smartcard drivers in the virtual desktop

3.- In the vWorkspace connector please make sure that you select the local resource smart cards checkbox.

You should not have any issues with the smart card, I have used gmalto cards with vWorkspace in numerous clients.

Please "undo" the settings you made in the VM in regards of SCHookList

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Jose Romero

13 Posts

December 13th, 2012 05:00

Your welcome Dieter,

Yes, it is advised that you install version 6.1 in client and VM. When you say that is very slow, are you on a WAN remote connection (DSL, 3G) or are you in a LAN.

In a WAN it can be normal for the gmalto application to load and show up the certificates, but have in mind that once the certificates are loaded by gmalto they are temporarily stored in the internet explorer user certificates and are available for the rest of the session. you can check this by looking at the loader icon from gmalto near the clock in the task bar and by opening internet explorer, options, content, certificates.

In a LAN the certificates should not take long to show up in the gmalto app.

No Events found!