Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2013 08:00

Meta Profiles and IE AutoComplete

Hi,

i am fighting to get the IE Settings in to User MetProfile. Specially the IE AutoComplete Data and stored Passwords.

I Have Profil Items for :

• HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
  • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms
  • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
  • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
  • AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

But still AutoComplete and Passwords are not stored in Profile.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Attiq

31 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi David,

thanks for the info. I was already searching for the right key with RegShot, but had no luck.

The Great thing is I found the solution:

The missing folder for IE PW and AutoComplete was:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect

I didn’t find anything regarding this folder, but somehow some data for IE is stored in this.

Now all is fine! ☺

Cheers,

Attiq

34 Posts

October 17th, 2013 12:00

also notice the IE history is stored  by windows search indexer outside the user-profile - in a database under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/17/disable-indexing-of-internet-explorer-web-history-by-windows-search/

228 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi Attiq,

When configuring MetaProfiles to capture the user data elements I usually recommend using a tool like RegShot This is a FreeWare application that compares registry snapshots to highlight any changes. If you are struggling to locate the registry key(s) that store your data then this tool, or a search on Google, can really help.

In this particular case from what I can see AutoComplete data is stored in the location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\Storage2

However I have read that the AutoComplete data is hashed when written to the registry. This means it will not be directly accessable on another computer, although you may be able to find a way around this. Here is a link to a little more information AutoComplete

Regards

David

No Events found!