I need move my Vworkspace environment to a new Virtual Center.
I suppose that 3 steps below to do this move:
1) Move the Vmware Hosts to new Virtual Center.
2) Add the new Vcenter in Vworkspace Environment.
3) Change the Group of Datacenter Desktops to the new Vcenter.
Have any other stetps to do? What do you think?
I know how create a new keystroke file from new Vcenter (I need do this in step 2), my doubt is if the 3 trivial steps are enough to move to new Virtual Center or have other additional trivial step.
I agree with Mike, you may also find that you need to delete and recreate the computers groups. If this is true then you will defiantly need to remove the VMs from their groups.first.
This will not be a trivial change. You will not be able to change your pools if they have VMs in them, even then, you may not be able to change the data center they belong too.
All sugestions from the group was very usefull, I think found the correct steps now:
1) Remove computers from vworkspace inventory (don´t select the option "Delete the virtual machines from respective...")
2) Delete the Computers Group from Vworkspace
3) Move the Vmware Hosts to new Virtual Center.
4) Add the new Vcenter in Vworkspace Environment.(create a new keystroke file from new Vcenter)
5) Create the new Computer Group with the new Vcenter configuration
6) Import the computers from new Vcenter.
I will plan this change, when conclude i will post the results here.
Thanks a lot.
Just to mention that as you will probably need to add more vm's to the new vcenter environment be sure to update your sysprep script to accomodate any changes to the new environmenet.
The link you provided doesn't seem to link to the document.
Is a migration from a vcenter 4.1 server to a new server running vcenter 5.1 supported? Are the steps mentioned above valid for this migration?