Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology standard that is used many devices such as Bluetooth keyboards, mouse, speakers, and headsets. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, the suggested quick steps might help.
- Cannot pair Bluetooth devices
- Intermittent connection issue with Bluetooth devices
- Bluetooth devices get disconnected
Here are a few quick steps that you can take to resolve your Bluetooth issue
Try each step and check if your Bluetooth issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth adapter in your computer is turned on.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth device is within range from the computer (see the user manual of the Bluetooth device). If the Bluetooth devices are far away, you will experience connectivity issues.
- Recharge or install new batteries in your Bluetooth device.
- Save any data, close any open programs, and restart the computer.
- Unpair and then pair the Bluetooth device with the computer. See the user manual of the Bluetooth device for product-specific pairing instructions.
- Optimize your Dell computer using the SupportAssist application that is installed on your computer. If SupportAssist is not available on your computer, proceed to the next step.
- Go to Dell.com/support/drivers, download and install the latest BIOS and latest drivers for your Dell computer.
- Download and install the latest operating system updates.
- Run the SupportAssist hardware test on the Bluetooth adapter. If the test fails, contact Dell Technical Support.
If these quick steps did not resolve your issue, we have more detailed information in the additional resources. You can also search for content related to the issue using the search bar at the top of this page.