Dell Command | Configure
Affected Operating Systems:
Windows Pre-installation Environment (Windows PE)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Ubuntu Desktop 16.04
Ubuntu Server 18.04
Ubuntu Desktop 20.04
- Dell Command | Configure 4.0 or later requires platforms supporting WMI-ACPI BIOS. The complete functionalities of Dell Command | Configure is available for the supported platforms, reference Supported Platforms/BIOS reference list for Dell Command Configure, Dell Command Monitor, and Dell Command PowerShell Provider for more information.
- Ensure that SMM Security Mitigation BIOS Feature is Disabled on applicable platforms running Linux operating systems. Dell Command | Configure on Linux operating systems does not work as intended if SMM Security Mitigation BIOS feature is Enabled.
- Dell Command | Configure 4.1 or later Supported Features Nomenclature (names along with its Configuration Possible Value Names) have been refreshed across Command Line Interface (CLI) and User Interface (UI). Dell Command | Configure even though is Backward Compatible for the Older Nomenclature, it is highly advisable to migrate or create Scripts to start using these Newer Features Nomenclature. View the complete list of the newer and the older nomenclature at Reference list for updated names of attributes and possible values for Dell Command | Configure.
- Error codes have been changed with Dell Command | Configure 4.1. Reference updated codes in Downloads section. For the limited functionalities on non WMI-ACPI complaint platforms, reference Windows SMM Security Mitigations Table Compliance section in Dell Command | Configure User's guide.
- Dell Command | Configure 4.2.0 or later user might see an error message as Importing ini file is failing for some features. For more information, check the log, during SCE execution or INI import. This happens when a feature depends other features or needs different environment during configuration. For example:
- Enabling LegacyOrom when SecureBoot is enabled.
- To disable SoftGuardEn needs OSMM mode.
Dell Command | Configure is a packaged software application that provides configuration capability to business client platforms. This product consists of a Command Line Interface (CLI) and User Interface (UI) to configure various BIOS features.
To get Dell Command | Configure, follow these steps (dell support):
- Go to Dell Support page.
- Under Which product do you need help with, enter the Service Tag of your supported Dell device and click Submit, or click Detect PC.
- On the Product Support page for your Dell device, click Drivers & Downloads.
- Click Manually find a specific driver for you [model].
- Check System Management checkbox under Category dropdown.
- Locate Dell Command | Configure in list and select Download on the right side of the page.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer (in Google Chrome, the file appears at the bottom of the Chrome window), and run the executable file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.