Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

November 29th, 2019 12:00

AW2518H, Refresh rate stuck at 60Hz?

I am currently having the same issue. I am in the process of getting my desktop Alienware R5 with an i7-6700k and newly installed EVGA TC Ultra 2080 Ti video card. I have attempted to plug into both the HDMI port and one of the display ports using a display port to HDMI adapter. The monitor was reaching 144+ Hz with my Laptop which is also an Alienware with an i7-7700k and Nvidia 1070. I am a little lost as I have just completed all updates for this computer along with 2080 ti specific drivers. "I even attempted to install the drivers for the monitor." Any advice?

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 20:00

When someone posts something, and then their user name shows up as "not applicable" (see above), does that mean they were banned, or they just deleted their account after posting? 

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2019 08:00

nice user name, (like NULL or blank or out to lunch) very funny.

do not assume your issue is the same as others,  PCs are complex, just tell your story is best.

please tell 2 things, what are you attempting, (and why tell 2nd PC here? confusing,aaahhhhh)

i see that you told the monitor works right on other PC.  I think. good input. but expected.

so my guess is you HDMI adapter is no good.  that is my guess, (vastly easy to do)

this is very common, no 2 adapters makers do the same thing or correct. and versions of DP too.

best practice (complex things like this) is never use adapters, or get to try them all and no fun that.

sounds to me wrong GPU card, so needs adapter or wrong monitor used.(

AW2518H (lacking HDMI)

)

not sure what card you really have, not me, (many exits and EVGA.com even lots of 2080 version)

some have 5 ports on the rear,

3 DP

1 HDMI

1 DP mini

learn that cards are sold like this in many forms, one has 3 fans and 5 ports what you really have Ive no clue

use URL links to card,  best or full SKU number of it.

also tell how many monitors are used , (or goal) and all things connected to rear of PC and GPU card and all things connected too all monitors (even daisy chained monitors)

we can not see what you nor know your intents.

this is how I started, like this.

then

this is my goal in total graphicwise. then we can talk.

here is the near (seem) list of cards 2080

wow which one.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+20+Series+Family

the montors, all of them from for ever, all have valid operational spec, shown as matric.

it will tell you all resolutions that run 250Hz refresh.

page one states

Nvidia G-Sync-enabled and 3D Vision Ready monitor, with a extremely high refresh rate of 240 Hz and a rapid response time of 1 ms.

expecting G-sync to work?  and using wrong video card?

so you buy EVGA and not Nvidia card  for good match to G-sync/

page 14 in (and 13) in your monitor manual (matrix) shows. only one setting works at 240hz.  quoted below.

HDTV, 1920 x 1080p @ 240 Hz

that is the monitor mode page, means only these modes are valid. (the matrix) of valid mode.

I read your manual and it shows the mon has both DP and HDMI ports did you know that?

page 14 (did you read this?)

NOTE: This monitor supports NVIDIA G-Sync and NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready. Please visit http://www.geforce.com to know whether your NVIDIA graphics card supports the G-SYNC feature.

to use G-sync,  you need to pick matching Mon and GPU cards. or it will fail, G-sync is still evolving, for sure lately.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2019 08:00

graphics is a complex subject and not showing all you have connected in details makes it hard, No cables told (exact) (for sure the adapter) the correct cables are use on newest versions of DP and HDMI cables not old.

nor the card here is there most cheap card $1000 or 2x more) 2080 ti.? me guessing SKU.

that HDMI port wild go direct to the MONITOR no adapters are needed nor wanted.

2080ti.JPG

then use the correct card driver from maker of card EVGA.

then make sure you are at this resolution setting in windows 10

HDTV, 1920 x 1080p @ 240 Hz

if it fails talk to EVGA it is there baby.

No Events found!