Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2022 10:00

AW2720HFA, back stand lights no longer working

Hi Community,

I'm reaching out due to an issue I'm experiencing as of lately. The back stand RGB lights and alien-head light no longer work on my AW2720HFA 27'' monitor.

I've tried the following without any success:

- Installing the Alienware Command Center - I only have an Active Default Theme but the colors when I try to edit Lighting are locked; I've tried pressing Go Dim/Go Dark..nothing;

- I've updated the BIOS;

-I've switched between HDMI and DP;

-I've unplugged the monitor for 15 minutes;

Nothing worked. It's like it doesn't even have the RGB back lights anymore.

I have had the monitor for around 1 month now, the lights worked fine when I first installed it and got it on. But as of lately, I can't really tell when it happened but they no longer work. They don't even start or anything. Simply put - seems like it doesn't even have RGB lights.

Any help much appreciated before I contact a local service or anything. I'm really bummed about it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Friendly regards.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 24th, 2022 08:00

"I have had the monitor for around 1 month now". That is odd. The Dell internal tools show it as shipped from Dell on May 8, 2021?

AW2720HFA driver page. In addition to AWCC 5.4.9.0, did you reinstall the 2.2.1.0 Alienware AlienFX Lighting Manager Communication driver?

AW2720HFA User's Guide. Per page 39, did you "Reset AlienFX Lighting"?

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 25th, 2022 01:00

Hi Chris,

Thank You for Your answer.

I suppose the monitor was purchased by the retailer that I bought it from on that date of May 8, 2021. My acquisition date is that of December, 2021.

I've installed and re-installed every driver compatible with the current OS version that I run (Windows 11) from that page, nothing seems to work.

I've also used the 'Reset AlienFX Lighting' several times, same, no result.

It almost looks like the lighting is broken as in a hardware issue, I don't even know...when I first opened the monitor upon acquisition the lights were fine without any driver installed therefore I think this might be a hardware issue..I'm thinking to sending it back to the retailer.

Let me know what You think as well.

Kindest regards.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 31st, 2022 06:00

Hi community,

Just in case anybody encounters the same issue as me.

I've sent the monitor to the retailer's service who deemed it un-repairable and the retailer replaced it with a new monitor.

Hope I won't encounter the same issue again.

Cheers.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 23rd, 2024 08:13

Hi I have the same problem and after trying all ways, i noticed that its a Alienware's design problem. When i trying to rotate the monitor up and down, stand light turns on. Thats why they are make new monitors light system combined to monitor body, not to stand. I showed it below 

No Events found!