E

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 12th, 2020 08:00

Aurora R11, fan replacement, error 2000-0511

Hello,

I've recently receive my Aurora R11 with:

Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply
NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700K (8-Core,16MB Cache,up to 5.1GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

I've decided to replace both top and front fans.

For the front fans, I replaced the stock fans with  Noctua NF- A12x25 PWM. This replacement was easy and simple with the help of the service manual. Although the replacement was successful, the computer went to Pre-Boot System Performance Check screen. In this situation, it stated that the front fan failed to respond correctly (Error Code 2000-0511). The front fan seems to run smoothly and fine. 

For the top fans, I decided to do a push/pull configuration with 2x Corsair ML120 Pro (Non-LED/RGB). This took me a couple hours as I was trying to complete this without removing the AIO off the CPU. At the end, I was forced to take out the AIO and buy some thermal paste to put back the AIO. I used the Y-Splitter supplied by Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM to connect both fans to the TOP FAN headers. This all went well until I started my Aurora R11 and went to the same screen with the same message and error code (2000-0511). I went onto starting up my PC. I got a notification on the right side of my screen from AWCC stating "INVALID OC MODE"- Unable to apply OC profile. Please turn off OC in BIOS.

What do I do in these situation? I am fairly new to the mechanics of a computer so I don't know anything about OC or BIOS. Do I need to change the Y splitter? All 3 fans works wonder. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 12th, 2020 20:00

Try going into bios f2 on startup and disabling your core overclocking level (presumably it is set to OC1 or OC2).  Also, disable it in AWCC too.  

xmp bios.jpg

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 13th, 2020 10:00

For some reason, I can't change it. It is all grey and I cant click any options IMG_1432.jpg

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 13th, 2020 11:00

Ok, wow 5.1 ghz.

If you haven't otherwise changed any settings in bios from stock settings, are you able to reset it to optimized defaults there should be a selection in the prior screen for that.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 13th, 2020 12:00

For some reason your bios is stuck on a custom oc setting which appears to be too much for the cpu to handle or otherwise allowable so it's returning the error.  Were you toggling selections in AWCC before this happened? I've seen this happen as a disconnect between awcc and bios selections when selections are toggled back and forth in awcc in windows (even if nothing is ultimately changed and everything is put back), the first time after the pc restarts it loads or tries to load a custom setting. For some reason awcc retains the selections and tries to apply multiple ones at the same time resulting in a custom setting when the pc eventually gets restarted (could be days later).

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 13th, 2020 12:00

After reading your comment, I was able to rest it to optimized defaults and disabled core overclock level. What do I do now? I won't touch anything from the OC profiles in AWCC.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 13th, 2020 13:00

Did it fix the oc cannot be applied error and the only issue is the fan error now?

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 13th, 2020 14:00

Yes, I think the OC cannot applied now error is gone. No notification from AWCC startup. However, the fans error still pop up every time I start the computer. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 13th, 2020 16:00

Dell's Bios doesn't let you switch off the fan error or check, you'd have to find some workaround to bypass it or get it to pass the check (which is programmed to check for a range of correct responses to pwm that the oem fans give). One thing you could do is stick the noctua in the 3 pin end of the y splitter and stick the other ml120 pro cable into the front fan header, then put top and front on the same curve.  Or return the noctua for another ml120 pro.  

31 Posts

August 13th, 2020 18:00

The R11 is so new not many people have done the fan replacement yet.

I did the top fan only with the recommended ml120 pro and worked great.

Sounds like your ml120 pros for top fans is also working fine.

But the issue seems to be the Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM giving an error?  In previous Aurora models, this fan has been fine.  Maybe something has changed with the Bios in the R11?

It would be good to know and I'm also considering replacing my front fan with the Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM.  If it determined that fan is no longer playing nice with R11, then I'll have to get another ml120 pro.

1 Message

October 23rd, 2020 17:00

I have a newer r11 with the 3080 and I replaced the front fan with the Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM.  It is throwing up the warning error.  Any suggestions?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2020 19:00

@abcyoyo    I have a newer r11 with the 3080 and I replaced the front fan with the Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM. It is throwing up the warning error. Any suggestions?

That is interesting . . . a new R11 configuration . . . with a new problem.  Historically, there have been no reports of the front fan throwing the BIOS start-up error. Almost any fan would work for lower front intake.

The best I can recommend is to try the  Corsair ML120 Pro (no LED, no RGB)  since that was the resolution to the much more common top fan BIOS start-up error. You will have to be the test subject  

October 28th, 2020 13:00

Or do you buy 2 corsair fans for the CPU and one for the top fan? IM confused because the first post discussed the person buying 2 corsair and 1 Noctua? I didn't think the aurora R11 from what I've looked at on mine can fit 2 top case fans only the one ?? which case fans should I buy for the topfans above the cpu fan?

October 28th, 2020 13:00

How do you put in 2 corsair fans n the Aurora r11? It looks like only one top case fan will fit? I have the regular fan heatsink customization. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 28th, 2020 14:00

@Vyacheslav0612    which case fans should I buy for the topfans above the cpu fan?

Consider dropping in the full specs for your new Aurora R11 so we can see what you are actually getting.

To start . . . if you have a CPU fan . . . that is not good. You should have opted for the AIO liquid cooling for the CPU. Then you would have a radiator in your attic, for which you could replace the Dell industrial grade server fan for the Corsair ML120 Pro . . . or optionally, two ML120 Pro for a radiator push/pull configuration (photo below). The very quiet Noctua fan would be used for the lower front intake position. However, our 'test subject' has reported a potential issue with the Noctua, so that needs to be sorted out.

radiator push/pull fan configuration . . . a radiator sandwich

image.png

October 28th, 2020 16:00

Considering I did not get AIO, since it is still in its development, im not sure what my options are right now. I still want to be able to provide the best air cooling I can get right now, and idk what that would be. so im wondering what I can do with what I did get

No Events found!