Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

January 1st, 2022 09:00

Aurora R11, not registering mouse clicks?!

I am having an issue where my mouse will get locked to one application and I can't click on other tabs/apps. This also includes folders/windows anything. Sometimes it will highlight an icon when I will mouse over but it doesn't register me clicking it. I can't even alt tab to another tab. Or the one application that I am locked on, it won't allow me to actually click anything. I can't close out or pick any options to do anything.

It ends up freezing so much after this starts that all I can do is hit the windows button in hopes that it will pop up and then tab to be able to restart. 

I have already tried restoring my computer to a previous time, I factory restored my computer twice, updated all drivers, I have tried using the mouse in different ports, have tried using two other mice and still had the issue. I have also ran trouble shooters and nothing has popped up, ran scans, checked antivirus status. 

I am just at a loss, I seem to only get a couple minutes (if that) before it starts freezing up on me.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

January 1st, 2022 11:00

Unplug all other USB devices, reboot the PC, and try it again with just the mouse plugged in.

2 Posts

January 1st, 2022 13:00

Gave that a try; still having issues. Even uninstalled mouse and reinstalled, unplugged comp and cleaned the dust out.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

January 1st, 2022 13:00

I would contact @DELL-Cares  as they are best suited to assist with warranty issues.

It sounds to me like this is some kind of hardware issue rather than a software or device issue.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2022 20:00

Same exact issue to a T! Seems like a software update issue but not sure. Would like help

No Events found!