Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2021 17:00

Aurora R13, constant Black Screen, Reboots, BSOD

I was contributing to this thread , but the OP Solved it and his solution did not work for me so I am starting a new one.

Since my last post, Dell has sent me a new R13. It has the exact same problem out of the box. Black screen followed by a reboot. Dump says it was a BSOD:

WJTech_0-1640136650653.png

Doing a "Clean PC" install seems to fix the issue, but I have no control over cooling, lights, etc.  I'm 99% sure it's not hardware since I currently have two of them side by side with the same problem. I will need to return one of them in the next few days. 

According to @DELL-Nathalia M, a new BIOS should be dropping on 12/24. Hopefully this will address the issue.

I'm tagging a few people that I see are having the same issue so people know this is not an isolated case:

@kaoskey @Datbudda @Mike2507 @StarGazer10 @Mavrck48 @Jodokast242 @Arexadus @Jonny @Danmy118 

edit: apparently I can only mention 10 users in a post, so I will tag more in a reply

436 Posts

December 31st, 2021 13:00

Just download the exe, run it.  It'll restart the pc and do all the work for you.  It's super simple.

December 31st, 2021 15:00

after running computer with default settings for 24hrs. I unplugged the machine for a fourth time and waited 30mins. then plugged it back in, then waited 1min to turn on from a cold state, sadly I still get a rear fan error running a full speed anytime the unplug the computer for 15 to 30mins or more, I didn't have this issue with 1.02 bios that came with the computer, this has been a problem since updating to 1.08 last night.

only other issue I have is with full defaults is I have small colored squares on my display at random and they flicker on and off sometimes but its always near the far right and left sides of the screen.

after disabling deep sleep control again in bios the small squares went away. had the same issue in 1.02 bios as well as current bios 1.08

I have ran the full extended tests many times and run 8 to 10hrs a day under light to moderate load gaming and what not. with deep sleep state disabled however the small squares came didn't come back in 1.02 or 1.08 bios versions.

18 Posts

December 31st, 2021 15:00

@CranberryOne your issues sound very different than most described in this thread. It may be worth opening a separate thread, or contacting Support directly. I believe you may be experiencing hardware issues.

January 1st, 2022 03:00

Hello,

Until now ( over two days ) after the bios version 1.08 update everything working perfect.

Big thanks to the community and to the Dell Technical Support Team

Happy new year and stay healty

Kind Regards

Julian

January 1st, 2022 08:00

I have created a few posts on this and how I resolved it.. However the fix is 2 fold.. You have to change the PCIE Linkstate power management option to off in the power options.. You then have to change the TDR Delay.

Here is a link to my fix!  Hope this helps someone!

R13 Randomly Bluescreens while idle or playing games (FIXED) : Alienware (reddit.com)

18 Posts

@Cryptogod565 

It does appear that the new 1.0.8 BIOS update does address this issue. Prior to the BIOS update, the PCIE link state power management option you mention was also a good change. However the TDR delay did nothing for me except make the black screen crash take 60 seconds instead of the usual five.

Thanks for your contributions and Happy New Year!

it is my intent to mark this resolved within the next 72 hours citing the BIOS update as the fix unless someone mentions the same problem that is not addressed by the 1.0.8 update before then. 

@WJTech 

Glad you got your resolution.. The bios update did not work for me.. Infact when the bios update was applied Alienware Control Center lost it's over clocking ability (Even after reinstall of the OC components) and dell still hasn't been able to restore ACC to a working state.. The Nov 5th update is what caused the functionality to crash and dell has contributed it to that bios update.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 1st, 2022 11:00

Hey, I need a favor from someone who owns an R13. Any chance you could upload the default R13 wallpaper to a free picture hosting side, or on this board?

Trying to add them to the wallpaper collection on the sticky in the forum.

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2022 02:00

I'd love to get the default R13 wallpaper as well, as I've lost it when I wiped the whole system to install Win10.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 2nd, 2022 12:00

Thanks!

6 Posts

January 2nd, 2022 12:00

hello guys !

here is the WallPaper : https://imgur.com/FKbbdCZ

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2022 16:00

Thanks!