Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 21st, 2018 17:00

Aurora-R7, led's not working

The Alien FX lighting has begun shutting off for no apparent reason. At times I cannot load new lighting plans and get them to activate. The pc is less than a month old and it seems a little ridiculous for a 2 thousand dollar PC to have issues with something as simple as colored leds.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 21st, 2018 19:00

@Eddie Lykinswrote:

1. The Alien FX lighting has begun shutting off for no apparent reason. At times I cannot load new lighting plans and get them to activate.

2. The pc is less than a month old and it seems a little ridiculous for a 2 thousand dollar PC to have issues with something as simple as colored leds.

1. Are you just venting or looking for a solution?

2. Yeah, well, it's a fairly sophisticated solution and led-lighting is just part of what it handles (also cooling and some other stuff). There is MIO-Board hardware (now mostly virtualized, running as a Windows Process now-days) and the Command Center software and driver suite. 

The old forum area should have some posts where we (Aurora-R6 users) came up with some settings that make it fairly reliable. I never really have much of a problem with it.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/My-Aurora-R6-The-Adventure-Continues/m-p/6063705#M3130

April 29th, 2018 16:00

1) I was indeed looking for a solution. I had difficulty in learning how the leds were controlled. 

2) I get the sophistication. I install and program high- end HVAC systems, one manufacturer uses back lit leds in the thermostats to indicate the mode the system is operating in with a hundred different color combinations, I assumed this would be of the same nature but it clearly isn't. Thanks for your help. I will look at the solutions that the R6 users developed, much appreciated.

July 19th, 2018 09:00

Happens with my Aurora R7. They shut off if you are idle for too long. Check the Alienware Command Center AND in display settings... there should be a time setting for actions when idle after ____ mins/hours. Just set that for 999 hours and no more vanishing case lightning.

Keep in mind that them dimming WILL extend their lifetime, and keeping them on all the time will diminish their lifetimes. 

No Events found!