Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 9th, 2018 18:00

Keyboard Color Problem

I have an Alienware Pro Keyboard and just a few moments ago when I went to update the color morph I noticed that led with the ‘Q’ key began having problems. At first the red color was dimmer than the rest of the rest of the keyboard and then it began substituting the color yellow for red during the morph. Anything on my end that I can do to fix this. I am currently using Zones as opposed to the WASD, arrow keys, numbers and ect.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2018 15:00

Hi, 

Try reinstalling the Control Center application. You can uninstall it from your Programs and Features list. Then restart the system and install it again. Click on the link below to download the Control Center application. 

18 Posts

May 12th, 2018 15:00

Hey Rodrigo,

I tried your recommendation.  AW CC is also fully up to date.  As of right now the 'Q' key is style not the same color as the other keys.  For example, if I select pink, 'Q' will be light blue.  No other keys are affected at this time.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2018 09:00

Ok, please send me your Service Tag in a PM, so we can look further into this. 

September 27th, 2018 23:00

I also have this problem when I put one color on the app it shows another color on my keyboard and when I put a color for my number pad it shows all the numbers the same color besides the number 8. Any solution to this yet? Thank you.

September 30th, 2018 09:00

Did you install the peripheral driver as well? 

...from the Dell drivers section.

January 27th, 2019 22:00

I have a similar problem where the 'M' key on my new alienware keyboard that I received not even a full month ago for Christmas. The M key does not display the color red. It shows green and blue fine but not red. 

No Events found!