Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2016 12:00

Alianware 14 screen becomes all green when I start it

Hi, I am new to Alienware and I am facing some problems.I am wondering if somenone could help me about this. So I bought this Alienware 14 that has been deployed on september 2013 frome someone. Sometimes when I start it, the screen becomes all green. If I leave it like this for a couple of minutes the screen comes back to the normal. I have joined a picture of the " phenomenon". Would it be become this computer has 2 graphic cards and some times when it starts he gets mixed between them?

Thank you very much.8764.alienware.jpg

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 9th, 2016 09:00

Hello,

Welcome to the Alienware Community Forum!

First we need to determine either if it is a failure with the screen itself, or if it might be an issue with the video drivers. Please try the following steps:

1. If possible, connect an external monitor to confirm if you get the same type of distortion on the external display.

2. Make sure you have the latest video drivers for your graphics card. (You can download the latest version through the NVIDIA website)

3. Check the display outside Windows, either on the Bios (Press F2 during boot) or on the Boot Manager (Press F12 during boot)

No Events found!