Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2017 02:00

AlienFx lights not working well

Hi there,

I have my AW 15 R2 for 3 moths, when I press the power button the keyboard lights take longer time than usual and the alien head light still off, I tried the alienFx tester and the alien head goes on but the light color refuses to change from Command Center. I tried the following but the issue still exists:

1- I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button for about 20 seconds.

2- I uninstalled the Command Center and installed it again,

Please help

15 Posts

May 15th, 2017 09:00

I wonder if there is just a bad batch of 15 r2s. This post is probably the second or third I've come across with people having issues with them. 

I'm inclined to think that its a software issue rather than a hardware issue as the tester is able to work all lights properly. So they just need to fix the command center program's startup procedures and we should be A-okay again hopefully.

15 Posts

For me its definitely software, as the epsa test didnt find anything

3 Posts

November 11th, 2017 01:00

hi guys any solution to this problem?

15 Posts

December 2nd, 2017 21:00

There is an updated version of alienware command center. Try that, it might work. It worked to an extent for me. Though I feel because the r2 generation of the 15 is riddled with problems it may not, or may cause something else to go wrong.

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2017 02:00

I reinstall comm center with this new version but it can’t solve my problem

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

No Events found!