Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2014 05:00

Alienware 14 screen change

I just recently ordered the new alienware 14 laptop with a 1366x768 resolution screen, but I want to get it changed to FHD 1920x1080p. Has anybody already done this for themselves?  Would a replacement screen for an alienware m14x r3 fit into the new alienware 14 laptops? Can I send my laptop to dell so that they can upgrade the screen for me? Can I order the appropriate screen directly from dell? Any tips and instructions for going about this task would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 7th, 2014 05:00

Your best bet is to return the system and order what you want -- replacing the screen will void the warranty.

Don't count on an m14x screen working in the new Alienware 14 -- they are very different systems.

Dell won't do post-purchase upgrades -- you can however return the system within 21 days of shipment for replacement and may be able to negotiate the restocking charge that would ordinarily apply if you re-order.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 7th, 2014 13:00

I just recently ordered the new alienware 14 laptop with a 1366x768 resolution screen, but I want to get it changed to FHD 1920x1080p. Has anybody already done this for themselves?  Would a replacement screen for an alienware m14x r3 fit into the new alienware 14 laptops? Can I send my laptop to dell so that they can upgrade the screen for me? Can I order the appropriate screen directly from dell? Any tips and instructions for going about this task would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Cliff!

In that case you could contact the Dell sales department, maybe they can give you a good deal for an upgrade for the screen you wanted and for an onsite technician so they can help you with the replacement.

The only way you can do that replacement without voiding the warranty is if you do it through Dell.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 7th, 2014 14:00

Yes you can open the system and replace parts but if something gets damage during the process it will not be cover under your warranty and also the component you are adding will not be cover at least you purchased through Dell.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2014 14:00

I just got off of chat with a representative and was told that the screens with 1920x1080 resolution were out of stock but he would email me when they came back in stock.

Also, could you clarify something for me. You stated that I would have to do it through dell in order to prevent voiding my warranty? But aren't we allowed to open the case and replace parts ourselves without voiding our warranty?

Thanks

3 Posts

January 7th, 2014 15:00

So as long as I get the replacement screen from dell it will be under my warranty? Have there historically been others who have purchased replacement screens from dell?

No Events found!