Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2016 21:00

Alienware 15 internal hard drive not showing long boot times

the following problem/s iv recently noticed on my Alienware 15 laptop its 6 months old and hardly used 

The SSD hardrive shows but the second only shows sometimes after several reboots which used to take under a minute to now taking 3-4 minutes 

Iv noticed that when the hard drive is showing the audio doesn't work and vice versa 

also the Alien FX editor fails to recognise the laptop as a 15 and thus doesnt let you set themes

I dont want to refresh the OS im not even sure how to or if i do how i upgrade it to windows ten again 

Any tips?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

We recommend flashing the BIOS firmware to the latest version, click here for the download link. For the AlienFX issue, uninstall the Alienware Command Center application first. Restart the system and install it again, click here for the download link. You could also try running an ePSA/Diagnostics test to check the Hard Drives. Click here to view an article that explains how to run this test.

January 9th, 2016 18:00

Long story short i did find the BOIS update to A06 which completed great then locked up the system, keyboard, touch pad and even the power button meaning i had to remove the service panel and physically unplug the battery cable (or i could have left it which the fans flat stick till it went flat) either way after the restart i noticed the second hard drive came back also noticed that the Alien FX issue had been resolved... Also i had set windows update to defer upgrades after turning this off i seen what looked to be a major update to windows 10, i installed that and redid the Dell online system check to make sure everything was up to date and now every thing seems great. 

Hard drives are detected and working

AlienFX and command center are working perfectly

Laptop starts in under 60 seconds

so your reply was pretty much on the money thanks for taking the time to reply and help out  

No Events found!