Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 19:00

Alienware 17 R3 Windows 10 3 finger gestures messed up

Hi

I have an Alienware 17 R3, but I’m having issues with the trackpad gestures, although the touchpad settings say that 3 fingers swipe up is for invoking the windows 10 task view and 3 fingers swipe down is for showing the desktop, for some reason now 3 fingers swipe up invokes Cortana and 3 fingers swipe down open the settings app. I've already tried reinstalling the Synaptics drivers several times and even a Factory Image Restore just in case, but all this only solve the issue for a few days and then the gestures begin behaving as described. What can I do?

Thanks.

314 Posts

January 11th, 2016 20:00

Screenshot (42).png

5 Posts

January 11th, 2016 20:00

Those are the touchpad settings, I've already checked the settings, restored to default several times with no luck

4 Posts

January 26th, 2016 23:00

Have you found a solution? I'm having the exact same issue.

5 Posts

January 27th, 2016 08:00

No permanent solution, I've created a .bat file with the following line that I found surfing the forum

taskkill /IM SynTPEnh.exe /F && start /D "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\" SynTPEnh.exe

1.- Copy and paste it to a notepad file

2.- Save it as a .bat file

3.- Using AlienFX, I assigned one macro key to execute the bat file

So, when my gestures get messed up, I just press the assigned macro key and problem solved.

4 Posts

February 1st, 2016 19:00

I found a solution that may work, it has been working for about a week for me now. No macro needed. If you would like to know just respond to this post and I post the link for you. It's the least I can do for your help.

5 Posts

February 1st, 2016 20:00

Please! Thanks

4 Posts

Navigate through pages 9-12. Changing the registry of "google chrome" to "google chrome-save" in the AppProfiles folder in the registry has permanently fix the issue for me. I'm on the Alienware 17 R3. The link is below.

forums.lenovo.com/.../9

4 Posts

Basically, certain apps are not yet optimized for windows 10 yet and are causing the touchpad settings from windows 10 to revert back to the touchpad settings on windows 8.1. Typing -save at the end of some AppProfiles in the registry has personally fixed it for me and I'm a happy camper.

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 08:00

Hey,

I have the same issue, 3 fingers scroll left/right not work for me, it switch between opened app... I am not able to flick pages in Chrome ;)

Any solution for this ?

Regards,

Danyl.

No Events found!