Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2016 11:00

Alienware 17 R3 - kl1.sys error on windows 10

I am having issues on my Alienware 17 R3. To start, a couple days ago I installed Kaspersky anit-virus onto my laptop, and the second that it finished installing i got a blue screen and it restarted. Now every time its restarted it errors out. It wont let me boot up at all not even in safemode. I severely need help with it. i attached 2 pics that show what it does.  it says that File:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kl1.sys is missing and i have traced it back to Kaspersky. If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE HELP? i have only had the computer a month...

The pictures below are what i get when i restart my computer...

Also I have tried to download the factory image for my computer but every time it gets to 4,194,300kb it stops and it makes me restart it, and i am using a 16gb jump drive that i formatted just before i started.

4760.IMG_1568.JPG

1055.IMG_1567.JPG

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 30th, 2016 21:00

Right after it happened, you had a chance to fix it ... but now ... who knows. Yes, a clean Windows install would probably be easiest at this point.

That error at 4 gigs sounds like you are trying to download the large .ISO file directly to a FAT32 formatted drive (which is wrong). Just go to this web page on a working computer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download the Media Creation Tool and let it make the Flash Drive for you (to be used on another computer).

No Events found!