Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2013 20:00

Alienware 17 lag problems when wireless

I just recently purchased an Alienware 17 and have had issues with lag when playing BF3. Every so often my character will run in place briefly or won't respond to a button press causing me to have to hit the button a few times. However, it works fine when wired. I have tried it playing at my home and at a friends house and have had the same issue with lag. I ran a speed test and was getting 20mbps download and 5mbps upload with a ping of about 88 on average. Any ideas on what could be causing something like this?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 18th, 2013 21:00

Hi samufain,

I’d suggest that you update the wireless card driver on your computer to check for issue resolution.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, then download the wireless card driver from Network section on the system and then install it

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Also, please consider reinstalling the game on the system.

Please let me know if this helps.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 18th, 2013 22:00

Wireless network latency. Doing a fast single speed test is not the same as a constant link.

Use a wire and be happy. It's not like you are just surfing the net.

Or, try drivers, another router, another channel, lower encryption, etc., etc.

1 Message

August 8th, 2013 07:00

I actually get the same problems with Counterstrike or DOTA 2. it keeps skipping or a second behind. On wireless i get 130mbps with verison fios quantum 75mbps/35mpbs and my laptop is sitting right next to the router.. i tried updating the drivers and still hasn't fixed the issue. I carry this laptop all around to game and it's getting annoying to carrying around 50ft long CAT5 ethernet cable... I hope dell resolves this issue. 

No Events found!