Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 16:00

Alienware Aurora R4 turns off after Windows 10 Update

I have been having Problems with a cold start of my System after Win 10 Upgrade. It turns off before loading Win10, if I wait 1min it works the 2nd time I turn it on. I tried it already with a clean install and swiped disks and partitions, nothing seemed to work. A technician was here  and replaced the Mainboard, it did not work. All of my hdd are fine.  I have no idea what this could be. Even the dell Hotline cannot help me. I installed Win 8.1 on another disk to see if it runs stable again and it seems to run. All the bios Settings are set properly to uefi and secure boot off. This is really going nowhere. It is hard to believe that I am the only one with an Aurora R4 having this issue under Windows 10. This System isnt even 1yr old. Obviously there is a compability issue with the Alienware Aurora R4 and Windows 10. It doesnt even run from a clean ISO Installation DVD. All the Dell programs do not detect any System faults. There is no beep Signal in the booting procedure. There are no Drivers for Win 10 64 bit officialy for the R4. This is really a joke for a 3k System .

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 7th, 2015 14:00

Hello, 

The Alienware Aurora R4 should be compatible with Windows 10. The drivers and Alienware applications listed on the Dell support site for Windows 8.1 are also compatible with Windows 10. They have been tested and work properly.

If you are running Windows 8.1 right now and you want to attempt the Windows 10 update again. Click here to view a link from the Alienware Arena site with some procedures that we recommend you follow before doing the Windows 10 update. 

2 Posts

August 16th, 2015 01:00

Hi Rodrigo!

I got all the latest drivers. I tested all hdd and the mainboard plus the latest bios . It simply wont run smoothly. I rollbacked on win 8.1 home again and its running fine. I have no idea what is wrong with the Aurora R4 Systems. Some users were successful by running it on an R4 Aurora. The Dell Support was not able to find the problem. They reccommended me to stay with 8.1 Win. I d even post you videos of the shutdown procedure when booting win 10. It is not the PSU, because WIn 8.1 is running stable. We also checked the Ram. Please help

16 Posts

August 20th, 2015 08:00

As  a last resort, do the upgrade and perform a clean install afterwards (in Windows 10).

I have no issues whatsoever. I did the upgrade, it took some time but I haven't ran into issues.

No Events found!