Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2016 15:00

Alienware Graphics Amplifier not working with GTX 1070 SC

Hello,

So I have just bought the alienware graphics amp and the GTX 1070 SC. I installed the card and plugged it into my computer without it working. I have tried basically everything at this point. The card is recognized  in device manager but it has the caution sign around it. It says int he properties window that windows stopped it due to an error or something (code 43). The fans turn on for 1 seconds when I turn on the computer but then immediately start spooling down. I've tried installing the graphics drivers (Desktop ones cause I could not find the Laptop ones) and there is nothing more that I can think of do to! Please any help or suggestions would be great! 

November 7th, 2016 14:00

Well, it wasn't not the card. But what I found out through hours of research was that I needed an older version of the 1070 driver which is absolutely ridiculous. Alienware should be updating with Nvidia and not at different paces. I do now have it working but I am continuously getting the "new driver update available. Please Alienware fix this. I spent $250 on your product thinking that it would actually work.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

Hi,

Unfortunately, code 43 could mean a hardware issue, have you by any chance tested the card with another system to confirm if it works properly?

Or sorry it wasn't the card arbiter all I was the software

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 8th, 2016 10:00

Ok, thank you for confirming this. Its odd that you need an older version of the driver for it to work. The version on the Dell support site is the recommend one and it should work fine.

November 9th, 2016 21:00

Do you think you could direct me to the link where I can get these drivers? I am unable to play BF1 without the latest

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 10th, 2016 14:00

What is the error message that you receive when trying to run BF1?

November 10th, 2016 16:00

"Detected NVIDIA GeForce dirver version 368.39. The required driver version is 372.90 or later. Please update your drivers at (Geforces Website) before playing the game" The graphics card in the graphics amp wont work unless I use graphics driver version 368.39 which I got from Nvidia's website. So do you mind sending me the driver that I need to make this work?

5 Posts

November 10th, 2016 22:00

Hi __Tyrone___,

Is your graphic card with the Micron memory OC problem fixed? I have an similar situation with that vBIOS update. But everything works OK with the original vBIOS.

November 11th, 2016 13:00

ive never updated my vbios at all. So I think I should have the original.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 15th, 2016 15:00

Ok, please send me your Service Tag in a private message so we can look further into this.

November 15th, 2016 15:00

Service tag of which? The Graphics amp? If so where can I find that?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 16th, 2016 11:00

For the system, it should be on the bottom cover in a white sticker, it's a 7 digit alphanumeric number.

No Events found!