Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2012 09:00

Alienware M15X power supply problem

I'm tryng to figure out my son's Alienware. On startup, the alienware beeps twice, then says "your AC power adaptor is not the recommended 150w adaptor originally shipped". This laptop is a little over a year old, and nothing has been changed on it. The battery is fully charged, and sometimes battery indicator will say plugged in not charging, or plugged in charged. I am a total novice when it comes to computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 1st, 2012 10:00

dee45,

* Turn the PC off
* Unplug the AC adapter from the PC and remove the battery. See the Service Manual for instructions http://dell.to/SYhc1P
* Hold the PC power button in for 30 seconds
* Reinsert the battery and plug in the AC adapter
* Turn the PC on
* The icon in the taskbar should show that the battery is charging

2 Posts

October 1st, 2012 11:00

So far so good! Thanks!

1 Message

January 16th, 2013 03:00

The solutions that was giving is only temporary, i am having the same issue, but when the battery goes low when not on the charger and laptop dies, i get the same response over and over... How to fix the problem permenantly? and sometimes the battery wont charge at all...

I already did the diagonostic test

I already looked for driver updates for this issue

I already Resinstalled windows 7 and software

i did find out that the power supply plug doesnt stay frimly in the power connector on the laptop. It comes off easy. this is when i get the power adaptor message.. is this normal for thsi series...

Romero.

1 Message

March 21st, 2014 12:00

I have the same problem. This temporary fix does not last for long. I hear there is a way to bypass that check in the BIOS. I can't get anyone to tell me if this is a problem or just a bug and false message.

No Events found!