Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2011 09:00

Alienware M17x R3 Volume Display Problem

*Disclaimer This is my first post on this forum, or any forum for that matter, so you can chalk up any mistakes in forum etiquette to the fact that I am a complete noob.*  

I recently purchased a new laptop, the Alienware M17x R3, and overall I am very happy with it.  So far I have just one issue with it.  When playing World of Warcraft it has become very annoying to change the volume.  Anytime I press the volume up, volume down, or mute button on the media key area of the keyboard WOW minimizes itself and I am staring at the desktop.  I kind of figure this is happening because when you press any of the volume buttons there is an on screen display of that function and for some reason it won't display "in-game".  Has anyone had this problem?  Is it possible to turn off this "on screen display" for the volume keys?

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

M17x R3//Intel Core i7 2820QM//8GB DDR3//2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970M

1 Message

September 11th, 2013 18:00

I'm having this exact same frustrating problem. Who ever decided that was a good idea was an idiot. This is in fact a gaming laptop, correct? Then why in the world should windows minimize when changing the volume?! Jesus. 

No Events found!