Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2013 06:00

Alienware M17x R4 HDMI In not working.

Hello, my Alienware M17x just arrived a couple of days ago and I've been trying to connect my Xbox via the HDMI In with no luck. Graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 7970M. It doesn't do anything when I connect the HDMI In. I try pressing FN+F8 and it says "Please connect HDMI input device". Any suggestions?

January 31st, 2013 09:00

Hello madmatt0898,

Switch the graphics card by pressing the Fn+F7, when the system is running with the Intel graphics card, plug your Xbox and check if it works, if the result is the same, make sure you are using a 1.4 HDMI cable.

January 31st, 2013 15:00

I switched to the Intel graphics and the same thing happened. I am using a 1.4 cable.

February 4th, 2013 10:00

madmatt0898

Try to test a different device, like a TV.

1 Message

February 14th, 2013 19:00

I am having the same problem, i am having no response at all from plugging in my xbox. yet i have a feeling that there is an issue with the latest drivers. when plugged into a tv i get sound and video from the xbox yet when i plug it into my alienware m17 r4 i get no response whatsoever. if i press fn f8 or fn f7 i get no response.

5 Posts

April 9th, 2013 09:00

i have that same problem aswell.. everytime i plug it in it doesnt work .. i cnt seem to find a fix for it

1 Message

May 24th, 2013 12:00

Is this the unsolvable problem? our Alienware laptops have this great new HDMI In feature and for forever now I havnt been able to use it because noone has any idea how it works! Isnt there someone from dell who deals with alienware problems that can help us somehow? There has to be a solution.

trying to connect my Xbox to my laptop...

No Events found!