Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2017 09:00

Alienware M17xR4 upgraded to Windows 10 AlienFX stuck on purple lights

I tired to download the newest version of Command Center but the install says "The installation package is not compatible with this computer". Maybe I am using the wrong one.

I do have Command Center version 2.5.54.0 installed and it gives me an error trying to uninstall it. "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." Except I am on the admin account. AlienFX is empty, but AlienTouch, and AlienFusion work. If I try to use the update feature it says none are found.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 10th, 2017 13:00

Hi letothend‌,

If this is for the M17XR4, this computer is not compatible with Windows 10 so this type of issues may arise. 

And this is the version with the best chance of functioning.

2 Posts

November 12th, 2017 08:00

This worked! There were a few errors during install, but the program has almost all the features I used to use and some that seem new. Being able to turn off the lights and manually switch their color is a HUGE improvement over old situation. The only feature I don't see is the one that automatically set the lights to match your current wallpaper. It went well with the 10 minute wallpaper rotation setting. Still ecstatic to have a 2 year old issue finally solved.

No Events found!