Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2013 13:00

Alienware R4 - GTX 690 at 90°. Expected temperature?

On my Alienware R4 bought last month, the GTX 690 reaches 90° when used at 100% for 30 minutes (using BOINC).

• Is that the expected temperature?
  • Can it damage the GTX 690 and should I increase the fan speed (the fan is at around 75% its max speed)?
  • Does the warranty cover a failure of the GTX 690 due to overheating (provided I haven't overclocked it)?

2728.GPU temp.png

4265.image (1).png

Thanks,

Franck

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

August 7th, 2013 13:00

Hi Franck,

I have checked the details and the maximum operating temperature for your GPU (NVIDIA GTX 690) is 98° C . So it is well within the operating temperature. I would also recommend not to modify your fan speed, let that be taken care by the computer's BIOS. If you would like to update the BIOS for your desktop then you can download it from here and keep it upto date by checking regularly from the Dell Support website.

Keep the air vents clean and also make sure the tower has ample space around it for proper flow of air in and out through it. In case if the GTX 690 graphic card goes bad or faces any hardware problem (without any modifications done to the system) due to any reason ( excluding accidental damage, fire, bioharzard etc. will not be covered under normal hardware warranty) and the computer is within the warranty period then it is possible to get the card replaced.

For further warranty clarifications, please click here to go through the terms and conditions in detail.

Hope this helps. For any other queries please feel free to reach out here.

No Events found!