Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

December 31st, 2014 20:00

Alienware Respawn is not a supported product - DO NOT BUY

After a support case which has spanned months, wasted 1-2 weeks of my work time and cost me all of that lost billing time, in running tests and feeding information to the Alienware tech support department, here is the response I finally get today from Alienware tech support: 

-----

"These are the final news I received from the engineering department. Basically, they were unable to get a response from the vendor for the Alienrespawn software so unfortunately, the only option they asking me to offer you is the refund for what you paid for the software.

Unfortunately, I do not have any more information to give you. That is all what they sent.

Please let me know if you want me to start processing the refund now."

-----

In summary: 

• Alienware Respawn is not developed by Alienware, it is developed by a third party.
  • Alienware Respawn is not supported by Alienware. It is supported by that third party which Alienware cannot seem to contact. 

There is absolutely no way that Alienware should be selling Respawn anymore -- it should be pulled off their web site and new computers immediately. I was basically lead on as if I was going to be receiving real support, and effectively my time investment (again, 1-2 weeks of running tests, sending screen shots and logs, and letting Alienware tech support remote control my machine) was essentially making me a free QA resource, and then in the end, they just cut-bait and said they weren't going to support my product. 

Worse, the Alienware support techs raised the possibility that my hardware was faulty, but after my persistent requests to confirm this or rule it out, they have refused to clarify. So now I have a top-of-the-line, brand new 18" notebook, the most loaded out notebook Alienware sells, and I have been left with no idea whether I have a $5K+ paper weight or my system is fine. 

I have already wasted months with Alienware tech support. If someone with real management authority would like to contact me and discuss this, I would be happy to. 

No Responses!
No Events found!