Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2012 10:00

Alienware X51, Accidentally downgrade the bios form A03 to A02

as the title, and now my computer just shows the black screen(no signal black).

I have tried restart it for many many times and unplugged the DVI, hdim back an forth. Still nothing. 

When I push the power button, it even does not give me a beep.. Also, it swallow my recovery disk and every time I start it, i can hear the disk rolling.

What do i do ??

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 1st, 2012 18:00

edgewolf,

There are two HDMI, one on the added video card, the other on the motherboard. Which one are you trying?

4 Posts

September 1st, 2012 19:00

the one close to the usb port. not close to the DVI(the discrete graphics card?)

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 23:00

I have exactly the same issue. Is there anyway to 'blind' flash the system bios like there is with other computers via usb boot.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 01:00

Hello,

Please help me with few details to understand the issue completely..
-- I understand that you downgraded the BIOS to an older version, was there any interruption during Bios flash? 
-- Have you restarted the computer while bios was flashing?
-- Also mention the system model.
I'd be glad to assist you further.

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 13:00

NO, there is not(at least in my case)

The final solution is I called the service number, and wait almost a moth to replace my mother board, video card, wifi card. They seems cannot pin point this issue and have to replace all of them. 

The service gay mentioned how to do the usb boot, but I did not understand it completely. Seems there is some "special lock" the dell set to prevent any other boot. However, when I changed another mother board, it could be boot with USB by windows PE. 

If some one could tell me how to do the usb boot on this computer, it would be the nicest thing today. 

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 16:00

Hi Allan,

There was no interruption during the flash I let it complete fully and then once restarted the computer displays a blank screen (not even the initial alienware bios logo screen) with fans whirring.

This is for an Alienware X51. 

Does the x51 have the option to blind flash the bios by holding down a certain key while starting with a automated bios flash from the usb stick?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 24th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

If the computer has an active warranty, I’d request you to private message me the system service tag number. To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 
I’d be glad to assist you further and let you know the next course of action.
Refer the following link to check the warranty status.
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector

Please write back to us, I'd be glad to assist further.

No Events found!