Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 16th, 2014 03:00

Alienware X51 Freezing

My computer freeze up on me 2 times the 1st time i was on the web browsing while having Pandora playing then my mouse wouldn't move and my system ended up freezing on me.The 2nd time many hours later on i was playing world of Warcraft and on vent and out of no were my system freeze up couldn't do anything just power it down and restart it.My computer is only 3 days old i did all the updates that were needed and i did All the scan that are available on the computer plus even dell website every crystal clear clean on the checks.Not sure what to do if it happens again to me am little sad since its a new computer.Does anyone know since its a new computer and if it does happen more can i get just get a new replacement but with windows 7 cause this X51 is widows 8 and i wish i got 7 instead.

1.8K Posts

June 17th, 2014 16:00

Hi!

Did you run AlienAutopsy and ePSA? If you have, send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information so I can assist you further. 

25 Posts

June 17th, 2014 17:00

I did end up calling tech support and he had my remove the video card and put it back in.I guess to see if there was anything in the way.He also did some other check but never had me do ePSA .I can run that if you like i know i have done and even the tech ran AlienAutopsy and nothing came up its been a day since my computer has freeze up on me.I have the reference number if you need that.

25 Posts

June 17th, 2014 17:00

Just ran ePSA and nothing came up i even did the extended scan i guess they ask for memory and nothing came up well it was at 95% for a while so i ended it sorry had to go there was power outage so i didn't want to leave it on but everything had a green check mark to it except hard drive since i ended at 95%

1.8K Posts

June 18th, 2014 19:00

Since the issue could be related to the HDD, try running just the HDD test from the ePSA menu. If there's no option to select just one hardware component, run the entire dianostic again but this time let it go all the way through. 

If no errors come up, you can try to do a factory reset using AlienRespawn, in case the problem is related to software. 

25 Posts

June 18th, 2014 20:00

My computer driver fail over and over made the computer reboot and stop half way on the loading screen now when i power on nothing no loading i just ship it out today for a full refund not to happy had it 5 days.

No Events found!