Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2014 16:00

Alienware X51 overheating!!!

Hello. I got my alienware x51 quite away's back. I have had no problems with it whatsoever until recently. This christmas I upgraded my gt 545 to a GTX660. It WAS running fine. But now I think it is over heating. Im getting max  temps of 70 C, and higher. I installed MSI Afterburner and sped up my fans, but it isnt doing much. Please help!

53 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 01:00

It's usually dust, lint, hair clogging the vents of an old system. Dell recommends using cans of compressed air to blow the debris out of the vent OUTLETS  (useless to blow in to the inlets)..... though this often just stirs up debris inside and doesn't actually remove the debris.

In a severe dust clogging situation, the system may need to be disassembled and cleaned out directly.

1.8K Posts

August 4th, 2014 10:00

Hello. I got my alienware x51 quite away's back. I have had no problems with it whatsoever until recently. This christmas I upgraded my gt 545 to a GTX660. It WAS running fine. But now I think it is over heating. Im getting max  temps of 70 C, and higher. I installed MSI Afterburner and sped up my fans, but it isnt doing much. Please help!

Hi,

Temperatures of 70C are normal during stress (games or intense applications).

Are you having any performance issues? 

No Events found!