Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2016 14:00

Alienware aurora r4 wont start windows, endless boot cycle

I'm going t give the situation leading up to this problem in casemit helps.

My computer began to slow down tremendously, the computer crashed quite often in 2 different ways 1 the computer would crash with a windows message saying my computer ran into problems the second way it would be a black screen saying no internal hard drive found, also if I were to leave my computer on for a while it would end up in the 2nd type of crash or when I tried to return and give signal so pc could return it wouldn't.

After a few days when I started the pc windows started normally but it was extremely slow nothing loaded fast a process that was normally a few minutes became hours.

I then launched into safe mode to reset my computer bug every time said it could not finish.

Now when I turn on my pc I get the alienware boot repeating infinetly, it will beep power up then a bit later my peripherals will power down as well as the lights on the pc and it will start again.

I can't access the boot menu when presiding f12,

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 25th, 2016 08:00

Hi, 

Can you access the Bios by tapping the F2 key? Is the hard drive being detected in the Bios?

January 25th, 2016 13:00

I have tried and tapping the f2 key will not access the bios

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 27th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Have you tried testing your keyboard on several USB ports? If you are using a wireless keyboard, try connecting a wired keyboard and test if you can enter the Bios or the Boot menu.

No Events found!