Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2011 12:00

Alienware m14x shutdown on battery

Here is the Deal its now been about 3 weeks and still no Resolution from the tech team or the engineering Dept from DELL .

Problem :

1. Known issue as i see it with alienware m14x while playing games on battery or even running benchmarks on battery .

2. On adapter Gaming is fine and the computer does not shut down , however if on battery the computer shuts down then you have to either Re-seat the battery or start the laptop up with the AC adapter .

3. Refresh rate on battery for Intel HD3000 switches over to 40Hz from 60 Hz automatically and then you have to manually adjust it every time you unplug your adapter .

4. This has been a issue with about more than 40 people that i have seen and the same can be found on www.notebookreview.com . I believe DELL-Chris is also there .

Called tech support had a trouble ticekt raised with them , Most of em end up saying its the way it is and you have to plug the adapter in but then EARL from technical team told me that DELL would be releasing a BIOS update on the 19th and there is no update whatsoever , there has been no reply to my emails , even though i have tried to send emails to the same guy and his manager about 3 times now !

BOTTOM LINE IS WITH ALIENWARE M14X YOU CANNOT ANNIHILATE FROM ANYWHERE UNTIL THEY GET US AN UPDATE , COS RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE TO PLUG IN THE ADAPTER TO PLAY GAMES .

********IF MORE PEOPLE ARE FACING THIS ISSUE PLEASE POST IS HERE , ATLEAST WE WOULD KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE EFFECTED ,

Thanks !

[Poll]

12 Posts

May 27th, 2011 22:00

There is a BIOS that was released to the general public on 5/25. You may want to update to this A03 BIOS and report your findings.

5 Posts

May 28th, 2011 00:00

Yes , i have already updated the BIOS , the worst part is now it doesn't perform on battery . it has rectified the shutdown issue

its is so Bad that u can't play COD 4 on high or even LOW on 1366x768 i mean i have tried all resolution types and its still sucks on Battery . WORKS like a charm on AC adapter . but the reason  of buying this was portability .

May 28th, 2011 23:00

Razz - please visit me at techinferno D()T com.  I can explain that you need to go back to bios A01 and then we can create a power profile to allow gaming on battery, which I have already done and proven.

Thanks,

StevenXowens792

5 Posts

May 29th, 2011 20:00

i tried it and really DO appreciate your efforts , but the thing is on the settings that you have mentioned the performance is just not good ! can't play BC 2 or Crysis , even on Low settings also as soon as i Plug the adapter in it gives me awesome performance.

May 29th, 2011 21:00

Razz, your kidding me.. I can play BFBC2 at medium settings over 60fps consistently.  Power profile, balanced graphics, cpu settings at 80-90 percent, etc.... Bios A01.  If your getting less than something is not set right.  Seriously.  

5 Posts

May 29th, 2011 22:00

oo , my Bad i think i messed up with last comment , here is whats happening , everything is good on battery , i have tried medal of honor 2010 and COD 4 but when i play bad company it shuts down i did all the setting as mentioned ! :D so the problem now is with Bad company ! :(

No Events found!