Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2015 11:00

Alienware - worst support ever?

I bought an alienware 18 off craigslist some months ago and just had a mobo failure. Since I extended the warranty as soon as I bought it to the tune of $190 my first thought was "Oh okay, no big deal." So I slap your guys' number into my phone and make the call. 20 minutes on hold, kind of annoying, no biggie though because I'll get my laptop fixed, woo-hoo! Wrong. 20 minutes, then another 40 minutes, then connected to another call center who transfers me again. All this to find out that the machine, even though I could update the warranty, even though I could register it, doesn't "BELONG' to me. It belongs to Dell.

Apparently the person i bought the laptop from received it as a trade-in and didn't send his other system back or something similar to that so Dell has a hold on the "account" as well as on the laptop itself. I think what any logical person thinks.. "Well this isn't my fault. How can we get this rectified?" So I get put on hold for another 45 minutes in an attempt to reach customer service and by the end of this 45 minutes I was just exhausted from being traded to call.centers and reciting my information over and over. I hang up.

Today I called back to speak to the oh-so-elusive customer support(is it really support, though?) who, after 80 minutes grace me with the information that follows : we cannot change ownership of the laptop without you providing a receipt from "craigslist company" (?!) I guess they don't understand what craigslist is. Fine, so I explain what craigslist is and her response is literally "there is nothing we can do to help you. sorry"  She again puts me on hold to check information, but hangs up on me almost immediately after doing so.

So what I'm getting from this is Dell literally doesn't care about the consumers, or if consumers steal a system from them and sell it off to someone else.

If any of this is coming off as hostile or rude, try to understand the place I'm coming from.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 19th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

We can check the case from our end to confirm if there is something we can do, for this I need you to send me a PM with your service tag.

No Events found!