Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2014 11:00

Alienware x51 Bluray upgrade, what software is needed?

Just upgraded my disc drive to bluray. What software is needed to run blurays?

5 Posts

March 8th, 2014 13:00

Ended up finding a download for Media Suite Essentials on CNET and now it works! :D

5 Posts

March 8th, 2014 12:00

I already went to my dell downloads, plugged in my service tag, and nothing came up. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Also, check VLC (free) but I'm not sure if it can play encrypted (store bought) BDs on it's own.

5 Posts

Already tried VLC, same issue. I'll try the other stuff and see what happens. :)

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Just upgraded my disc drive to bluray. What software is needed to run blurays?

You need software and/or player that will decrypt and play:

This list looks as good as any ...

I use the OEM (slightly stripped down version) of LG-OEM CyberLink PowerDVD 9.x (BD Capable) that came bundled with my LG BD Burner.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

I already went to my dell downloads, plugged in my service tag, and nothing came up. 

Pretty sure Dell-OEM Cyberlink PowerDVD (Blu-Ray capable version) is only there when the Blu-Ray drive comes with system originally.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 8th, 2014 13:00

Well, if system came with DVD-Burner, you should at least have access to re-download and install Dell-OEM CyberLink Power DVD Suite. It may or may-not be BD-Capable.

Sounds like you might be looking in wrong Dell place. I get to "My Dell Downloads" from my main "My Account" page and it looks different than above posted link.

I just checked ... both versions ARE available to me ... even though my system only came with DVD-Burner.
- CyberLink Power DVD DX 8_3 (DVD version)
- Cyber Link Power DVD DX 8.3.1 (BD version)

No Events found!