Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2016 06:00

Alienware x51 R2 crash

First of all, ever since i bought my alienware, while starting up the screen would regularly freeze on the alienware logo while loading the bios. this wasn't really a problem, just forced shutdown and it was solved.

But lately the alienware is starting to lagg and eventually freeze on certain games/programs. These programs could range from only iTunes to counterstrike source, or other more demanding games. At first the sound starts to stutter really bad and then the screen just freezes. nothing to do about it but force-shutdown. If i get lucky I can alt-insert out of the program and just close it from my desktop. But sometimes i even get a completely blue screen.

tried to install new updated drivers, didn't solve it. (pc couldn't install some minor updates)

a video to show the problem:   (sound!)

this isn't even that bad compared to how it uses to be.

Are there any fixes for this? Or am I obliged to send it for repair? I just called Dell support, and it would cost me quite a bit since warranty ran out.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 24th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

4 Posts

March 25th, 2016 11:00

no errors at all.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 25th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

We recommend you try to reinstall both the Intel and NVidia drivers. You can download the drivers from the Dell support site. Uninstall them first from the Programs and Features list, then restart the system and install one at a time starting with the Intel.

4 Posts

March 30th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

I have reinstalled some of them. But one made my screen completely glitch out, so undid that. After more research I found out changing some options in my NVidia configuration might solve the problem. Trying that out right now and so far no problems. But I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your replies.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 30th, 2016 12:00

Hi, 

You're welcome, I hope that fixes the issue. Let us know if you require further assistance. 

4 Posts

April 26th, 2016 07:00

problem still occuring. Now I am getting a lot of BSOD, i've installed all driver updates, deleted all antimalware programs; changed nothing. getting desperate over here. most of the times BSOD 'IRQL not less or equal'

No Events found!