Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2010 11:00

Area 51 ALX New Bios A08

We are really sneaking up on the performance that I paid for.....Good job Alienware programmers

Bios A08 that I just upgraded to on my Area 51 ALX passes really really FAST (for me)!  This is good news.  Changing the Alien Head has a certain cool factor too....

Now....my door works, my bios passes really really fast, all my devices are recognized, and no blue screens that give this 43 year old a heart attack.....just get the command Center right (vents, sensors and lighting) and all will be right with the world.....LOL

159 Posts

May 14th, 2010 14:00

Yes, read the fix notes.

Out of the corner of my eye I would catch my side light go from dark blue to red for a split second.  At first, I thought I was just nuts or seeing a shadow or something.  But, one time, I happened to be looking right at it...Sure enough light would flicker to red.  Time will tell if that issue has been eliminated.

2.4K Posts

May 14th, 2010 14:00

This BIOS was an awesome upgrade form me as well. WIth A07 I would BSOD coming out of sleep so I couldnt use it. Sleep is now working like a champ. I thought it was the BIOS not working well with the 980x and it seems I was right. The boot speed through the BIOS is faster too!! IDK about the new Alienhead lol. Was kinda used to the old one but Meh. With it booting faster I don't need to look at it to long anyway.

Did you read the fix notes on it?

1. Updated CPU microcode for i7-980X processor
2. Enhancements for USB 3.0 cards
3. Fixed issue where Side LEDs may be off after an AC recovery
Do you think this may also fix the side led changing colors? I'v been watching mine and so far I havnt noticed a blink. Time will tell I guess.

2.4K Posts

May 15th, 2010 02:00

Looks like it didn't fix the side lights. I just caught mine flashing

20 Posts

May 15th, 2010 20:00

Guys, my Area 51 ALX just arrived last week. It came with BIOs v06. Do you think I should upgrade to A08? Please advise. Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 16th, 2010 16:00

Yeah sure why not. I have not encounter any problem with the new BIOS. It actually speed up my boot time. I did not update Alienware command center tho..since my system is working perfectly I'm sticking to Alienware command center A07 until stable update releases. Even through bumps, overall fully satisfied with my system!! Loving it =)

No Events found!