Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 10:00

Area-51 R2, Front/Rear Audio Panel Problems

The audio jacks on front panel is acting as rear panel audio jacks.

So if I have speakers plugged in rear panel, and headphone plugged in front panel, I can hear from speakers AND headphone.

When I checked windows control panel (Sound - Playback devices), there was only one "Speakers", no "Headphones".

Then I checked Sound Blaster Recon3Di control panel and the front and rear panel jacks were all lit up and working fine, but it wouldn't seperate the sound from rear panel and front panel.

So... I deleted Sound Blaster Recon3Di driver, and now it is working as it should be...

Now there are "Speakers" and "Headphone" in playback device list. But now "What U Hear" is not showing up in Recording devices :(

Can someone help me out? I tried deleting the driver and clean reinstalling the driver, but it wouldn't seperate the front and the rear audio.

• 

2.7K Posts

April 16th, 2015 12:00

The lunch a driver update yesterday, please try it out and let me know if it works. 

• 

2.7K Posts

April 8th, 2015 09:00

Seems like Windows separates the board but the manufacturer has it a single one. Our recommendation is to contact the manufacturer's support to get further help with the configuration of the driver to achieve this.

6 Posts

April 9th, 2015 04:00

I contacted Creative Sound Blaster support and this is what I got:

Thank you for contacting Creative.

Please note that if your Creative product came pre-installed or bundled with your computer system, it is likely that you have an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product.  OEM products are often customized for PC manufacturer, therefore your supplier or vendor are your primary contacts for technical support for hardware, drivers and other technical issues.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Regards,

Ryan

Creative Worldwide Customer Response

• 

2.7K Posts

April 10th, 2015 16:00

I will escalate the case and try to get some more information for you.

• 

2.7K Posts

April 13th, 2015 16:00

I escalated the case and they told me that soon we are going to launch a drive that will fix that kind of issues, but we still don’t have the release date. 

6 Posts

April 13th, 2015 20:00

Thank you so much! I really miss using Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di right now. Please keep us update on the driver update. Again, thank you for looking into this issues :)

6 Posts

April 16th, 2015 15:00

Thank you so much!

I installed the updated driver and previous problems have been solved!

The system now properly switches between Speakers (rear panel) and Headphones (front panel) when I plug/unplug Headphone jack.

"What U Hear" is back again, and it works great! All SB Recon3Di features are working fine too.

Again, Thank you so much for your support and swift fix! [:D]

Ps. Just to let people know, Speakers and Headphone is under one "Speakers" in playback devices, so do not panic when you don't see seperate Headphone playback device.

No Events found!