Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2014 14:00

Aurora-R1, MIO board issues

h i wonder if anyone one can help. i have a aurora R1 that had a on going problem with its LED lights for a while now . i ran the test diagnostic out side of windows and when i tested the the cables it came up with ( front panel usb cable port 2 not installed ) ? anyone have any ideas .

50 Posts

February 9th, 2014 02:00

hi Tesla you' helped me before about my mio-board it's still not working ! I ran another test on my R1 just on the USB's and it came up with (front usb cable port 2 not installed) . never seen that one before ? I was wondering if that was connected to the board not working ? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 9th, 2014 02:00

My posts here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19454040.aspx

So, in Dell Diags ... can you test the MIO-Board or exercise the lights?

What is the exact message?

50 Posts

February 9th, 2014 03:00

ok thanks ! the only test iv not done is Alienware fxalien tester can't find it anywhere on my PC iv checked all the files and run a search and it found nothing ? any ideas ? have you got a link or know where to find it 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 9th, 2014 03:00

According to my notes:

MotherBoard Connections:
MB USB1 - MIO-Board (one USB channel for MIO, one for FlexBay)
MB USB2 - Front-Top Panel (2 x USB 2.0 Ports)

So, Front (top) USB ports are not really part of MIO-Board. Check cable that goes from MB header "USB2" directly to those ports. Each half or set of pins (on that 10 pin header) runs 1 front USB port.

50 Posts

February 9th, 2014 04:00

sorry to be a pest but just one more thing I just done a repair command center instead of just uninstalling . just before the end it asked me to pick my aurora model from a drop down box when I clicked on it the only model there was a R4 ? mines a R1 . any ideas did I get the wrong file ? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 9th, 2014 16:00

ok thanks ! the only test iv not done is Alienware fxalien tester can't find it anywhere on my PC iv checked all the files and run a search and it found nothing ? any ideas ? have you got a link or know where to find it 

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienwareAlienFXTester.exe

However, if Dell Diags (outside of Windows) can't Detect and/or Test MIO-Board ... there is no chance this will work in Windows.

50 Posts

i think i must have tried every way possible installing it . thought about in safe mode ? i`ll try anything once but i don`t know my way around  computers that well .i found it strange that when i did the repair on the command center just before the end as i said yesterday it asked me to pick my model but only showed a R3 or 4 . don`t think i`ll ever get it to work .i might start looking on Ebay for a used one . still can`t find that FX tester !

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

sorry to be a pest but just one more thing I just done a repair command center instead of just uninstalling . just before the end it asked me to pick my aurora model from a drop down box when I clicked on it the only model there was a R4 ? mines a R1 . any ideas did I get the wrong file ? 

Always Clean-Install Command Center (uninstall, reboot, install new).

Latest version for Aurora R1 (Intel 9xx on x58 chipset) is v2.8.9.0 . Windows7-64 ONLY.

• 

2.7K Posts

February 10th, 2014 12:00

Hello Ihatejo1!

There might be corrupted files on the command center, try to follow the steps Tesla mentions uninstall the command center shut down the system and perform a power drain, download the latest version and install it.

Right after that you can try to run the AlienFX tester.

50 Posts

February 12th, 2014 04:00

hi iv tried just about everything ? and iv tried downloading the new command center again and trying the repair again and again just before the end it asks which model you have but in the drop down book it only has R3 . so I tried the three earlier versions and the didn't work but they did have a error message were as the first one didn't ? and I also tried the repair on all three and this time it did have more models to to pick but still didn't work and iv never found the FX tester do you know where I could find it or even better do you have a link I could use ?
No Events found!