Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 1st, 2012 08:00

Aurora-R4 Bios A06 settings?

For those who are using our system as we shipped it but with A06, please boot into the bios and tell me what your Advanced Boot settings are -

Advanced Boot
Boot Mode = UEFI
1st Boot USB Hard Disk
2nd Boot USB Floppy
3rd Boot Network
4th Boot Hard Disk
5th Boot CD/DVD
6th Boot UEFI
7th Boot USB CD/DVD
Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities boot order?

For those who added an SSD as the boot drive and made our HDD the storage device, what are your above settings?

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

68 Posts

November 1st, 2012 16:00

Hey Chris:

Here's mine (haven't made any modifications after upgrading to A06) -

Boot Mode = UEFI
1st Boot USB Floppy
2nd Boot USB Harddisk
3rd Boot CD/DVD
4th Boot UEFI
5th Boot CD/DVD
6th Boot Network

Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities boot order?

Note: I only found one thing in error when I upgraded to A06 and that was because Windows update stated I should check for updates and then it abended.

Found the date was reset to 1/1/2011 and the time was an hour behind.

Once I reset the date/time, everything seems to be working fine for me.

Hope that helps.

71 Posts

November 1st, 2012 22:00

Hi GCCAN, are you able to adjust clock multiplier on your bios?

71 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 05:00

What i meant is the overlocking multipler under bios>advance>frequency/voltage control>cpu power managemebt control : changing the core ratio limit?

68 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 05:00

Hi  daddyz.

Yes, I can change it as well.

Actually, thanks for asking.

I had adjusted my clock/time when I rebooted, but today when you asked I went in and saw the date was fine, but I have my clock set to display the 24 hour clock instead of the 12 and I found it was actually set to pm. (was set to 19:24:06 and should have been 07:24:06)

(kept wondering why Facebook was telling me a birthday was happening  last night, when it wasn't supposed to be that date until today ...ha ha)

68 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 15:00

Ah ok.

The only thing I can change on the entire page is the parm that Enables or Disables it.

It's currently set to Enable.

Other than that, I can't change any other parm on that page.

71 Posts

November 6th, 2012 03:00

oh god.. you update? i have highlight this since last week already. now it goes you are now stuck with dell peset OC profile. For me, my investment of cpu cooler as previously i OC all core to 4.5Ghz now is wasted.

is there any way to backflash?

November 6th, 2012 13:00

Oh good, can't wait to try getting this to work tonight with my new SSD

68 Posts

November 6th, 2012 13:00

Well, if Windows 8 is any indication (this BIOS was for Win 8) of what's coming and people take to it. I think down the road you may see that you have to go this way. Seems Microsoft is locking a lot of things down with this new operating system. So far this new BIOS update isn't that bad. I don't really overclock much anyways.

No Events found!