Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

FV

June 30th, 2017 06:00

Aurora R4 - GTX 555 to 1050

Hi

I have a Aurora R4 with a GTX 555 and I want to upgrade it to a GTX 1050. I installed the drivers andput the new card in but i get a single beep from the motherboard and it freezes on the bios screen.

Can anyone help me figuring out what is wrong?

thx in advance

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 30th, 2017 14:00

Try in the other slot, and be sure to connect PCIe Power-Cables directly to the new card if required.

June 30th, 2017 16:00

check if you have the latest BIOS Version for your Motherboard installed.

try to reseat the Card. make sure the Slot and Card Connector are clean.

and then try what Tesla1856 wrote. your GTX 1050 is using Power provided by the PCIe Slot. it could be one of those Cases where the Card is underpowered. it happens sometimes with older Motherboards where the PCIe Slot is not able to transfer enough Power to the Card. maybe another Slot works better.

July 1st, 2017 07:00

na not really. it does that because it wont recognise your new Card. BIOS Update, Power Drain or Clear CMOS  might help.

as mentioned before, take out your new Card, then do the Power Drain and try to Update your BIOS. report back what happened.

5 Posts

1. ok i will try

2. the asus gtx 1050 ti from strix and republic of gamers

FilipVE wrote:

1. yeah the problem starts with updating the bios.... it doesnt want to i have tried over the years to update but it never wanted to. i downloaded the file of the new bios, installed it, rebooted my pc like the program said and it didnt update. now it still is at A03.

2. i made sure that it is provided with power.

1. Power Drain might help here. disconnect all Cables including the Power Plug and hold the Power On button for a Minute. then try to Update your BIOS again. i saw another User with the same Problem. he could solve it that Way after Alienware-Eimy told him to do that, so give it a Shot.

2. okay. what Model is your new GPU exactly?

5 Posts

yeah the problem starts with updating the bios.... it doesnt want to i have tried over the years to update but it never wanted to. i downloaded the file of the new bios, installed it, rebooted my pc like the program said and it didnt update. now it still is at A03.

i made sure that it is provided with power.

5 Posts

i just put the 2 cards in and one screen to each and it started booting on the 2nd card. so the system needs its original components to boot.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 1st, 2017 15:00

FilipVE wrote:

i just put the 2 cards in 

Only use ONE card for now.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 1st, 2017 15:00

FilipVE wrote:

yeah the problem starts with updating the bios.... it doesnt want to i have tried over the years to update but it never wanted to. i downloaded the file of the new bios, installed it, rebooted my pc like the program said and it didnt update. now it still is at A03.

i made sure that it is provided with power.

Yeah, you have to have the latest BIOS in Aurora-R4 for Nvidia cards (they fixed that in latest BIOS).

Try from Rufus-made Free-DOS flash drive (see my Featured Content) outside of Windows.

5 Posts

July 2nd, 2017 07:00

do i have to update the bios one by one in order or just the latest one?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 2nd, 2017 10:00

FilipVE wrote:

do i have to update the bios one by one in order or just the latest one?

I would do them all in order (in case there are prerequisites) and to prevent further difficulties. Read my post carefully (its all in there). 

No Events found!