Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 4th, 2017 19:00

Aurora R4 PSU Bracket

Hello Folks,

Do you know what kind of bracket I should use to hold a PSU? Aurora R4 + Corsair RM 750X.

In other post, I saw this,

However, I am not sure about it.

I do not know how to attach a PSU to Alienware's PSU bezel.

Any suggestions?

103 Posts

August 4th, 2017 20:00

Hello Cass,

I am aware of this. However, my question is,

Where can I acquire such bracket? Mine is absent. I need this particular bracket component.

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

August 4th, 2017 20:00

this post is an edit of the original

to find such a trim, the fastest place is eBAY, where I would (and did) search 'ALIENWARE aurora power supply', followed by 'ALIENWARE aurora trim', followed by J556T, W229G or ALIENWARE aurora 875, or ALIENWARE aurora 525. I'd try a simple 'Alienware Aurora' search > filter ALL results from price = low-to-high > then go through all listings

• if none are available (I didn't see one), you play the waiting game

Last resort: find the cheapest 525watt or 875watt (chassis + plate + trim)(with or without case harness), buy it as a set or try to negotiate with the seller for just the plate/trim (will they part it out?)

525watt / eBAY = $37 shipped or best offer (buy what u need / sell what u do not need after it gets there), or negotiate for just the trim pieces (offer $15-$20 and they can sell the chassis + harness etc)

eBAY search = Dell U597G Alienware Aurora 525W Power Supply - N525EF-00 with Cables

Home-made temporary solution might look like this (metal or plastic tabs), see video:

YouTube Video = Alienware Aurora R4 Barebones Case PC Build (@2:15)

were it me, I would have placed spacers on the case floor 1st, to help raise the chassis off the case floor (the owner above appears to have just allowed it to rest on the case floor without spacers or soft shims), call it 1/2" spacers or shims, whatever size, whatever material works best until the original metal plate can be acquired (the metal plate helps center the chassis in the case floor, raising it a bit)

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

August 4th, 2017 21:00

see my edit above

No Events found!