Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2013 09:00

Aurora r4 wont boot (no display or beep sound) after update bios.

Hi there,

i updated my aurora R4 bios today to A10. However, without any warnings the screen freezing and the computer restart. Upon self restart,

the fan is running loud and nothing happens after that. No beep soh d, no alien logo. Had tried resetting the bios, remove the smos batt , cycle power,etc.

and the pc does not want to boot. It is working fine before. Is this symptom showing my mobo is bricked? Is there any way to recover or reflash or etc?

i need to upgrade the bios since im going to win8.1 and this is recommrndation bios at dell page for win8. 

any help or advise is highly appreciated. Fyi my system is out of warranty and aged 1 year 2 months.

rgds

• 

2.7K Posts

December 23rd, 2013 14:00

Hello Daddyz!

There is a big possibility that the motherboard got bricked, however you can try with one memory at the time and if you have dual video card as well test with one video card at the time in both slots, and if the system does not respond at all then you will need to replace the motherboard. 

71 Posts

December 24th, 2013 04:00

Hello Daddyz!

There is a big possibility that the motherboard got bricked, however you can try with one memory at the time and if you have dual video card as well test with one video card at the time in both slots, and if the system does not respond at all then you will need to replace the motherboard. 

Hi Milena,i i did not do that , however i disconnect everything (memory and gpu) and power on. I guess if the mobo is still good, it will detect the mem missing or gpu missing and resulted beep sound right? I have dismantle everything now. Dont want to assemble it back. Can you confirm the thing i did also can conclude the mobo is bricked?

• 

2.7K Posts

December 24th, 2013 09:00

The only way to know if the mobo is bricked is if you test one memory at the time and with one video card at the time in all the slots and the issue persist.

No Events found!