Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2010 15:00

Aurora wont shut down.

When I tell my computer to shut down, it just sits at the "shutting down" screen but never actually shuts down. Eventually it will boot me back into windows and tell me that there was a problem shutting down. It searches for a solution to the problem but then comes back with nothing.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 16th, 2010 07:00

BIZTAKE,

Win7 always wants to install the onboard (Realtek HD Sound) drivers.
* Reboot into the Bios- Integrated Devices and disable the HD Audio Controller

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

First I have heard of this issue. With the sound card enabled, if you boot into safemode, then shut off, does it?

29 Posts

Ok, I think I got it. If I disable my sound card, creative titanium, it properly shuts down. It would seem that it is a creative driver causing this. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know of a fix besides disabling the sound?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 5th, 2010 19:00

Boot into safemode, then try to shutdown. Does it?

March 5th, 2010 19:00

I have had the same problem with my Auroa sence day 3. It will not shut down and hard drives seem to never stop running. It will go into sleep mode but won't shut down or reboot 99% of the time.

March 11th, 2010 17:00

Yes it will

29 Posts

March 12th, 2010 00:00

It was strange in my case. After searching the web I found that someone else had this problem and was able to solve it by disabling their sound card, but it was not a creative. After I disabled the card, it shut down, then when I rebooted it automatically update the sound card drivers and I haven't had the problem since. No need to disable anything, computer starts and shuts down as it should.

11 Posts

March 15th, 2010 13:00

Aurora i7 920

6GB RAM 1333mhz

GTX 260

Win7

I too had this same problem. Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e purchased at Best Buy Sat. March 13th 2010

Tried twice to shut it down and it would not. I updated the drivers and that seemed to work.  Win7 always wants to install the onboard (Realtek HD Sound) drivers.

So I let them install and disabled them in the Device Driver window.

I finally got it to work and shut down properly. My Astro A40's sound sweet!

11 Posts

March 16th, 2010 09:00

Thank you Chris. I will try that when I get home tonight. I should have bought the sound card on my initial build. I would not have to be doing my own

Comp/Driver troubleshooting if I had! Lol

The most ironic thing is that Alienware offers the card for $25 LESS than what I paid for it at Best Buy!

Cheers Mates!

March 17th, 2010 07:00

Yes thanks,this also took care of my problem. I did get my sound card through Dell on my initial build though.

11 Posts

March 17th, 2010 11:00

I disabled the HD Controller in the BIOS and the Creative Console Launcher worked flawlessly!

Thanks for the tip, Chris. Very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

No Events found!