Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2015 19:00

BRAND NEW Alienware X51 R2 Black Screen

Well i wasnt expecting this to happen...

So I just got my Alienware X51 R2 today (2/11/15) and this is the specs for the model i have:

Model - AX51R2-143BK

Specs:

• Intel Core i3 4150 (3.50GHz)
  • 6GB DDR3 1TB HDD
  • Windows 8.1 64-Bit
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4 GB GDDR3

If there is anything else i need to provide in order for this to be easier let me know.

Anyways, I bought a 6 ft HDMI cable so that I could hook it up to my tv. This model PC (its the $699 one) only has one HDMI port, which is to the graphics card. Well I plugged all of the chords (power cable, hdmi, keyboard, mouse) in and turned it on, went through the setup and it work like a charm. I used it for about 2 hours and during that time all i did was download things that I had on my previous PC. Nothing too intense, really only Chrome/Itunes/Music and other little things till i decided to turn it off. I did not used it for about 2 hours and when I went to boot it up again (this time i was going to test it out a bit more) after the login screen all i got was a black screen with my mouse! I turned it off and tried again (did this a couple of times) and each time was the same. Then after reading some forum posts I decided to try restoring it but I could not find out how after pressing F12. All i got was another way to boot it and other configurations. So basically what happens now is I get the regular login and after that, its a black screen with my mouse only visible. I can move my mouse, open the task manager (shows nothing running) and switch users, but that dosent really help. Im assuming it has something to do with my graphics card, hopefully thats enough information to get some help! Thank you in advance!

• 

2.7K Posts

February 13th, 2015 12:00

There might be a problem with some windows files, I will recommend you to follow this instructions:

• While being on the Black Screen with the cursor only Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE
  • Open Task Manager and click on File and “Run New Task”
  • Open MSCONFIG and choose to restart on Safe Mode
  • On Safe Mode, go to Control Panel, go to Programs and Features and Uninstall the “Registry Optimizer”, “PC Optimizer”  or similar.
  • Check an option from the Uninstaller to Remove all Software Data (It is in small letters)
  • Open the registry editor and remove corrupted registry values.
  • Open Regedit
  • Open Registry Editor Screen
  • Find the following registry values and remove them:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Random.exe

Please let me know if those steps help you fixing the problem.

February 13th, 2015 23:00

Hello and thank you for the response!

Well I followed each step but I got stuck at uninstalling any optimizer I searched through all the programs and couldnt find one that was similar. Any alternative I may have not looked at?

• 

2.7K Posts

February 17th, 2015 13:00

Are you able to boot into safe mode? 

If yes then perform a clean boot to see if there is a program that is not letting the system boot normally.

If the system starts booting up normal with the clean boot then you might need to enable program by program so we can determine which one is preventing the system to boot. 

No Events found!