Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2016 02:00

Bad_POOL_HEADER ALIENWARE17

29 of the 34 dumps had a bugcheck = 0x19 (bad pool header). 26 of those listed probable cause as the Microsoft driver disk.sys, which is merely a default. 4 dumps listed Intel storage driver iastorA.sys.

Code:
iaStorA.sys  Tue Aug 18 08:18:59 2015 (55D322B3)
One dump had a bugcheck = 0xc4 - Driver Verifier flagged a driver. However,
it was a Microsoft driver that was flagged. This in and of itself confirms that
system problem is more than likely related to unknown hardware failure.
Kernel memory dumps are incapable of telling the exact piece of hardware that has failed.

The problem may also be with other hardware parts such as the motherboard
or PSU for which there are no software tests. SUGGESTIONS ???? I have laptop couple
weeks only problems from day one

61 Posts

March 8th, 2016 15:00

Alienware-Rodrigo & Original Poster,

This is exactly what I've been trying to report to you guys (Dell) since Dec 2015. Are you paying attention? I was getting the exact same issues, with the exact same componenets OP outlined above.

For the last time: it's your Dell SupportAssist. OP, uninstall it, and report back if those issues/BSOD keep occuring or not - I'm wagering you'll find your system suddenly stable. Mine has been - for over a month now. The proof is in the results. Not to mention the 100+hrs I've spent on trying to get Dell/PC Doctor to look into it. The good news? PC Doctor has remain in touch with me over the last couple weeks - they've taken my memory.dmp, mini dump files, and the SupportAssist LogGrabber logs from me to assist with finding a real solution here. Meanwhile, Dell just sits....quietly ignoring the fact that there is an issue with the SupportAssist software atm.

Just admit it already! How many more of us need to report to you that this is an ongoing issue since DECEMBER 2015!?!? It's March now! Come on!

276 Posts

March 9th, 2016 21:00

...I'm wagering you'll find your system suddenly stable. Mine has been - for over a month now. The proof is in the results.

I agree that Dell have been really slack over the issues plaguing these laptops, I have had far more success resolving them myself, rather than Support's somewhat rote and unsuccessful attempts.

But I have trouble believing, given my own experience, that you (or others) have a stable system. Will yours run 24/7 for at least a week, with no freezes? Maybe you could share your reliability history?

IMHO people who are claiming that their systems are stable, aren't running them 24/7.

My own system has all the Dell stuff removed, all the video drivers updated to the latest Intel and Nvidia ones, and all the other Nvidia rubbish removed. Pretty much everything that is obviously not required, has been removed. System never fails any diagnostics, including ePSA.

And my max uptime is about 6 days. That is not stable.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 7th, 2016 14:00

Hi, 

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

14 Posts

March 10th, 2016 01:00

I've had the same problems, but after updating all drivers to the current versions the problems disappeared. And yes, I am running my new Alienware R17 24 hours a day.

276 Posts

March 10th, 2016 11:00

I've had the same problems, but after updating all drivers to the current versions the problems disappeared. And yes, I am running my new Alienware R17 24 hours a day.

What is your uptime? Can you post your reliability history?

14 Posts

March 10th, 2016 13:00

I am not an expert, but I hope this will do:

Naamloos.bmp

2 Posts

March 10th, 2016 13:00

i have an Alienware 17 that was just received the begining of February and I have had BAD_POOL_HEADER errors and graphics display card crashes since day one. pro support has said maybe its the graphics card and maybe the operating system. I requested a new system be sent to me becasue a brand new laptop should not crash unless it is defective ( operating system included )

276 Posts

March 11th, 2016 16:00

I am not an expert, but I hope this will do:

Naamloos.bmp

Thanks, that is pretty good, decent uptimes and I wish my system ran like that.

March 14th, 2016 10:00

thanks works fine no bsod anymore

No Events found!