Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2015 05:00

CPU Fan 0% No wire plugged in?

Hey guys so i do monthly checks on my PC to maintain it as i am a 'youtuber' and i noticed my CPU fan was running at 0%, now i am almost certain it used to run at some RPM  but now it doesn't. i've stress tested it to see if it initiates but to no avail. I've power dissipated my system also. so i did my monthly clean also and noticed (i'd never really looked before) that there was no wire in the CPU FAN slot. There is no wires free either. Is this normal?

671 Posts

January 26th, 2015 11:00

It is not normal.

Usually what I do, is set the Alien Command center to Manual Mode.
If that still doesn't have the fans spinning. I'd go ahead and re-install the whole Command Center.

Try updating or re-flashing the BIOS afterwards.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2015 12:00

will it come on though even though nothing plugged into the CPU Fan slot?

i did as said and the CPU Fan box in CC has now dissapeared. Replaced with CPU Pump? PCI and Hard Drive Fan only options still in Thermal Control.

671 Posts

January 26th, 2015 15:00

There shouldn't be anything connected to the CPU Fan slot.
I've checked with the Auroras we have. None of them a cable going into that slot you mention.
Actually the CPU fan is part of the radiator (or the Processor Liquid Cooling).
Sorry about that confusion.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2015 23:00

so it is ok now it is listed as CPU Pump?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 26th, 2015 23:00

What exact desktop do you have, what Windows OS version, what Command Center version?

Radiator Fan connects at Sys_Fan.

"Top Lighting Board" Connections:
CPU_Pump (Asetek Cooler) pump
Sys_Fan (Asetek Cooler) radiator or main system fan
CPU_Fan - No connection
Mem_Fan (small case fan in top for memory)
Arrow - "Rear of case" external white lighting with switch (to help view external connections)

You can look at fan and see if it's turning. If it's spinning, and Thermal Control says "0 rpms" this is more of a MIO-Board communication problem or Command Center software failure.

Have you tried testing MIO-Board in Dell-Diags outside of Windows?

4 Posts

January 27th, 2015 00:00

another member of alienware support sent me this, 'That is normal behavior, the Aurora R4 uses a liquid cooling system.' so i presume its all good

No Events found!