Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2014 01:00

Drivers and Downloads - what does "All related drivers for your Product" mean

I ran the Divers and Downloads analysis at http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/ServiceTag/ <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>?retrieveState=True and it shows

System Analysis Results (1 file)
All related drivers for your Product (28 files)

Should I install all 28 drives in the 'all related' group?  I do not understand why they are listed if the System Analysis did not pick them out.

901 Posts

January 6th, 2014 05:00

What you need to download depends on what your intentions are.

If your doing a full OS re-installation then you will need all the drivers associated with your model/configuration.

The driver download website is notorious for technical problems.

Go to the support webpage for your country and enter your service tag > hit enter.

Find the option that says "Get drivers" and click on that.

Click on "View all drivers for your Alienware ???"

Find the heading "Drivers Found" and click on "All related drivers for your Product"

Look for a heading called "Refine your results" and select your operating system.

If your lucky you will be able to use Dell download manager to download all the drivers after you have select what you require, but don't count on it, the download manager bugs out quite regularly, so you may need to download the drivers individually.

901 Posts

January 6th, 2014 05:00

All related drivers means every single driver associated with your model/operating system and internal components (And usually a lot of non-associated drivers too)

27 Posts

January 6th, 2014 09:00

The system came with Widows 8.0 install and I am planing on going to 8.1 by using the store (I think that is what is called).  The checklist said to make sure all the drivers are up to level before you start.  This system is about a month and a half old so the drivers should be pretty much up to level.  Even the one that the analysis found is not down-level because the install fails with a message that I am trying to install the same version or an older one

No Events found!